Any Newbie Runners?

Options
Since I need to develop a life habit of aerobic activity in order to both lose weight and maintain the loss - I've decided to focus on two particular activities, Running and Rowing. Rowing I have always enjoyed and it is a great sport for all ages. As I get older, rowing (both indoor and open water) still remains a very viable aerobic activity.

Running, on the other hand, has always been a love/hate relationship for me. However it remains one of the single best aerobic activities out there and I plan to give it a sincere effort... any other newbie runners? Join me as a "myfitnesspal" friend and at least we may be able to help motivate each other along!

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    well I am not a newbie runner... but I do run anywhere from 25-35 miles a week :] so I add me if you'd like :D
    I can help you out with many aspects of running! I love running and am here for support ^-^
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not a newbie runner. I am trying to get back to my peak of around 15 miles per week and a couple of half marathons. Just wanted to say that I am stocky and never enjoyed running - ever. I hated it at school and didn't enjoy it when I was in the military. I was and still am into my cycling. One night I was fidgetting on the sofa as my bike was off the road. To burn off the energy I went for a run, just 1.5 miles and something I'd not done for a few years. To my surprise I didn't do badly so I've built on it. About 12 months in I suddenly felt and looked like a runner. What I am saying is stick with it and the eureka moment will happen.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of a newbie runner. I am doing couch to 5k and tomorrow I'll start week 3. Speaking of which, I need to download the track for week 3, so thanks for reminding me.