We did it!

Options
The Wentworth stairs have been conquered! For those many of you who aren't from my city, it's a set of 500 steps going up the side of the Niagara escarpment.

Despite nearly throwing up near step 400, and becoming a screaming heap of hysterical hyperventilation on the way down (heights give me the willies big time), I made it all the way up and down again!

What surprised me the most about the whole experience was how supportive everyone else was. People saw me panting and keeling over, and stopped to tell me how hard it was for them their first time. Those people deserve a big thanks! I don't know if I'd have made it without the pep talks :D

And now, for your amusement, pictures from my little adventure:

The bottom of the stairs:
100_0588.jpg

Stair 500!
100_0590.jpg

View from the top:
100_0591.jpg

Yay!
100_0592.jpg

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I think that IMG should be img (lower cvase), at least that is what I remember reading on other posts. I never posted pictures so if that does not work, then you need to wait for a comment from an expert.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS what a great accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself
  • Manda1987
    Options
    Thank you MyProgress!
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Nice job! I hate those stairs, I did em once in the summer, OMG lol
    Congrats though! That's huge!! :D
  • nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I am very impressed that you did this! Awesome!
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    ok i've been living in hamilton for the past 8 years and i still have no idea where they are....so where are these stairs lol

amazing job, everytime i hear about these stairs i cringe just a little
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are not even sweating nor do you look "half dead" LOL. You should be really proud of yourself. The heights alone would scare me off!!
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    this is so awesome! Congrats
  • NMay50
    NMay50 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Looking at the view from the top, I feel you're phobia of heights. What an amazing accomplishment. High five!!! Enjoy your accomplishment!

Nancy
  • andremott211
    Options
    Nice work! We did Seven Falls in Colorado Springs this summer....totally understand!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!