Diets For College Students

Options
I am a College student so I dont have money to hire a nutritionist or to order special foods I eat what I can afford which is usually unhealthy junk food, or not even eating at all so eating too much when I can eat. Ive placed a gym session for 2hrs everyday into my schedule. Im sticking to only drinking water. but what can I eat thats Cheap ! and Healthy at the same time.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.

Well, weight loss will come primarliy from what you eat - and crucially how much of it. The exercise part is very much secondary. What are you going to be doing for 2 hours in the gym every day?

Do you have access to cooking facilities? Making your own meals will be much healthier for you.

Eggs are a great source of nutrition, and are usually cheap. Buy bags of pasta and rice, look for what vegetables are in season, add lots of flaour with herbs and spices to your sauces.
  • j3bean
    j3bean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When I was a student I got a lot of mileage out of lentils. They are cheap,nutritious and quick cooking. They lend themselves to many types of cuisine so you can make them mediterranean style, indian style to mix things up! Serve them with rice, put some yogurt on top and yum.