How often do you weigh yourself (for loss and maintain)?

Options

Replies

• Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Everyday, sometimes a few times a day.

But, I do not recommend that to everyone who is insecure about their weight and trip off of numbers.

I record weight when there is a pattern of at least 3 days of consistency.
  • SumaireWeb
    Options
    At least once a day. For me, it helps. Once a week would drive me completely bugnuts, so I couldn't wait like that.
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Every day after my shower and workout on the scale at the gym. Figure it keeps me honest
  • Gohomebay
    Gohomebay Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Weigh twice a week...lost all my weight over a year ago and gained lots back so now loosing that again...I avoided the scale while gaining. So now I want it to be a healthy tool keep me on track
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. Started weight loss on advice of physician due to high blood pressure. Morning routine is get up, pee, step on Aria wifi-connected scale, start coffee, take blood pressure, drink coffee, make breakfast smoothie. I log diet, blood pressure, and actifvity. I use a FitBit One. I log my activity, water intake, blood pressure on the FitBit site. Have MFP and FitBit synced. I pull my data together in Google Spreadsheets. See my blog for how I pull it together: http://johntmoore.blogspot.com/

Lately I've plateaued at 14 lbs above my goal weight and I'm ok with that. Watching my macros and working on increasing strength training and getting some physical therapy for my gait problem. I've had to back off walking just a bit for the time being.

For daily weight I highly recommend TrendWeight.com or a home brewed spreadsheet to look at moving averages.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily at the same time. My weight doesn't fluctuate THAT much from day to day so when I full pound goes down I record it.
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    once a month for me
  • Julesdublin
    Julesdublin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Sometimes once every 10 days.
  • GeminiFitness1
    GeminiFitness1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I way myself once a week or every other week.
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself fairly often but it varies. Weight fluctuates so I don't record until it stays at a certain weight consistently. 1 kilo away from my halfway mark.
  • BettyDeVoti
    Options
    I am in my first week of weight loss, on a 1200/day diet. I usually eat less than 1200. In the first week, my weight fluctuated from 185 to 179, then back up to 182, but I eat exactly the same foods every day! any reason?
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm trying my hardest to only weigh myself once a week. But I'm finding that it's a lot easier for me to cheat or sneak in extra calories if I don't have the number hanging above my head all day. I don't know if I like it. It's not an obsession, when I weigh myself daily I do it ONCE, because I know how much it can vary throughout the day.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh once a week, now it's once a fortnight. I'm not so interested in the number on the scale anymore, my goals have changed to feeling fitter and my clothes looking better on me.
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I weigh every couple of weeks in weight loss mode. With my history, if I focus on the number on the scale too often it can hinder the "healthy" portion of the weight loss. As long as every couple of weeks there's a drop of 1-2 pounds, I'm content. The daily fluctuations would drive me over the edge if I weighed daily.
  • SusanBT1954
    Options
    Every morning and I do record it. I know it is going to fluctuate a little due to many factors, but I like knowing when it has gone up a little or down a little so I can try to pinpoint where I may need to make changes.
  • tiffanylindenmuth
    tiffanylindenmuth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I researched this awhile back and found the most accurate way to calculate your weight when only using a scale is to weigh in every day (morning is best before you intake any foods or fluid, after emptying bladder) and then once a week do the math and come up with the average weight (add all days together and then divide by the number of days you are calculating an average for).
  • FaunalFantasy
    FaunalFantasy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow!

Thanks for all the responses!

I really thought it was bad to weigh yourself everyday, but I'm going to start recording my weight daily. I know it is going to fluctuate, so I wont get depressed when it goes up a bit.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Weekly....I found that daily caused me too many emotions since there was so much fluctuation day to day. its hard to resist jumping on the scale in the morning though.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Maintaining here, I used to weigh myself once a week, but tomorrow will be two weeks since my last weigh-in and I plan to stick with the biweekly weigh-ins for the long haul. As long as I'm within a 5 lb range I've set for myself, I don't twice about it. I also keep track of bodily measurements which is IMHO more important than weight alone.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    once a week right after waking up and after using bathroom. That is my routine. Weighing too often can put a damper on your attitude if you aren't seeing the progress you are hoping for. You will never get to see those larger losses if you are weighing daily.