JUDDD/IIFYM

Options
I've been doing this eating plan for about 2 weeks and have lost close to 6lbs.
On up days i eat close to 1,830 calories and on down days i eat 450 calories.

My percentages for IIFYM are
25% Carbs
35% Fats
40% Protein

I also have PCOS/Insulin Resistance so lower carbs do well for my body (114 grams)

I'm wanting to start logging my progress into MFP (i currently use the ****ty database on UP)
Is it necessary to log on your fast days?

Replies

• PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    any comments at all? :(
  • PunkyDucky
    Options
    Was this a stupid topic? I'm confused why no one is commenting?

Are my calories too low for JUDDD (Alternate day fasting)?
  • Jgal8123
    Jgal8123 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with JUDDD so can't really comment about it. However, I would think it makes sense to log your fast days to make sure you're staying within your target calorie range. 6 pounds in 2 weeks is a great result - sounds like the plan is working well for you!

I'm following TDEE minus 20% and use IIFYM to calculate my macros. My macros are 25% carbs, 35% protein and 40% fat. I've lost about 7 pounds in the past 6 weeks. Aiming for slow and steady progress =)
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't fast, but you can always log your progress here.
    You don't have to log food daily, you just have to log in to the site.
    But you could still log your water intake.
    People are probably working and can't comment too much. Hang tight! Not a stupid topic at all.:smile:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I do a different form of IF (5:2) but I'm wondering why you wouldn't log on fasting / down days?

Don't see any advantage and you will be missing the chance to collect valuable data that you can compare with your results over time to see if you have your calories set correctly.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The average of your up day and down day is a bit under 1200 calories which is a very small amount. Unless you're very short and inactive I would say you're body is not getting the nutrients it needs. How tall are you and how active are you?
  • PunkyDucky
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and i workout 5 times a week for 25 min (T25), but i'm mostly on my butt all day/all week.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what JUDD is. I don't keep up with diets/trends/ or any of that other gimmick ****.

I just know Carbs/Fats/Protein.

And working out 5x a week, if you really do, and consuming 450 calories on down days.... you're just hurting your body.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My understanding of IF is that you shouldn't be working out on fast days seeing as your body needs the little you're giving it.
  • dragonfly_12
    dragonfly_12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know this topic is a few weeks old but I am re-starting JUDDD and would love to find others who are on this plan. I did JUDDD for about six months proper and lost about 25 pounds. Had some hormonal issues (I have PCOS) and went on a new birth control pill. I immediately gained a ton of water weight and got depressed about that and started eating whatever I wanted, and ended up re-gaining all I'd lost.

Since JUDDD worked so well for me the first time, I really want to do it again. I'm easing back in by doing 5:2 this week. Does anyone else do a consistent 4:3, with 3 days fasting 4 days eating every week? I'd like to try that and see if it works. I'm wondering if I should limit my calories on UP days more because of the extra day of eating.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Look in groups. There is a JUDDD group. There are also groups for 5:2 and such.