Who knew?!!

Options
Ok, so I am 45 years old and have been a yoyo dieter my whole life. I was 252 pounds on my birthday on the 4th of January and miserable because I didn't think I would ever be able to take the weight off without looking into weight loss surgery. I was convinced i was addicted to food and would never be able to starve myself long enough to lose any significant weight for long. So I tried one last ditch attempt at actually following the rules of myfitnesspal and reading the success stories here to see what everyone was eating and doing. The result of doing this....I HAVE LOST 14 POUNDS!!! And better than that, I am not hungry all the time and because of my cycling and walking I no longer stop for breath at the top of the stairs or dread having to walk the dog. I am a very happy bunny :)

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Good job and keep it up! You are well on your way to AMAZING :wink:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss you should be proud
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep doing what you are doing! You have got this!
  • zmeeagain
    Options
    I know how you feel. I was 242 a year ago. 199 now. I kind of stalled, so I found this site. I am hoping it will help me with the additional 40 I need to go. Good luck to you!
  • BlanketII
    Options
    Amazing!! Well done. You should be proud of your acheivements. Keep going :o)
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Great work! You are well on your way!! :flowerforyou:
  • helen195
    helen195 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well done! Thats fantastic! x:flowerforyou:
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    that is AWESOME! Keep going!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep it up!
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You can do this. Keep up the amazing work.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Well done Bernadette. Keep at it. Sometimes it's a little rough, but you're worth it. Way to go!
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Awesome start!!! Keep going. Good days and bad days and dull days.....just keep doing it. We are so worth it. :-)
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That's so great, well done on great progress so far :smile: You can do it!!
  • janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!! Isn't it GREAT!!! I swear, I could have written your post. Started 1/19 at 254. I feel so good. Keep weighing, logging, moving- and I'll see you at goal!