low calorie snack ideas

Options
I just started my weight loss journey. I completed my first week of tracking my food/exercise, and have lost 2 lbs. so far. I feel really good about it, but I've been here before. I've done so many "diets" and they always start out great but don't last. I'm approaching this differently. I'm not labeling it a diet. I'm making healthy choices. I need ideas for tasty healthy low calorie snacks. This has always been the downfall for me...snacks!

Replies

• bostonfit
    bostonfit Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A handful of plain almonds, an apple or pear, a fresh cold-pressed juice, celery with hummus, plain oatmeal, ezekiel bread with peanut or almond butter, blueberries, anything whole/organic/raw :) Good luck!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    there are 100 calorie microwave popcorn pack - I like the orville redenbacher (sp?) ones
    string cheese and fruit
    small amounts of peanut butter on some fruit
    greek yogurt
    veggies and dip
    a pickle wrapped in turkey lunchmeat - I know strange but it yumm
    a handfull of nuts (add up fast so measure accurately!)
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips, an oz of cheese, greek yogurt, string cheese, special K chocolate cereal, fruit. There are lots of good things. :) So glad you took the step and joined us!
  • PAMEMAN1
    Options
    40 calorie fudgicle
    Activia Greek yogurt with fruit
    apple
    pear
    granola square with dark chocolate
  • Amnongoull
    Amnongoull Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fruits low in sugar like green apples, grapefruit, oranges, blackberries and so on. Also salads you can fill up on salads as much as you like.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I went from chips and dip to pretzils and hummus to carrot sticks and hummus.

Carrot sticks and hummus are the only thing keeping me from going nuts because I need my crunchies. I know it sounds like "diet food" but you can actually eat a ton and you will stop being hungry after.

Also Kashi chewy granola bars. They seem relatively healthy (if not let me know someone!) and they are 140 calories.
  • amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Grapes! These are my new best friend, despite me being adamant that I didnt like them just 3 weeks ago.

A few of my other favourite snacks are salt and vinegar rice cakes (or plain or chili) with Laughing Cow Extra Light triangles (only 20 calories per triangle and a good source of calcium).

Or, the best thing in the world - Hartleys Sugar Free and Fat free jelly - only 10 calories and taste great. They come in quite a few interesting flavours like apple and watermelon (my fave) and are about 60p each. You feel like you have eaten something substantial too as theyre decent portion sizes.

Hope that helps :>