Need motivation:/

Options
Hello, my name is Sadie :smooched: and I am 17 years old. I weigh 168lbs, but my biggest problem area is, what I call, "stay on muffin top." Basically where even if you aren't wear any pants you still have a muffin top, haha :frown: . I am 5 feet and 6 inches. I had some past problems from when I was 9 and out of grief I ate away my depression. Unfortunately that has cause me to end up 178 pounds, lol. :sad:
Anyways, for the past 8 months I've had this account but completely forgot about it. For the Last month I actually got off my *kitten* and decided to do something about my weight and lost 10 pounds in that month :drinker: . I was quite proud of my self but then I stop losing weight even though I am clean eating and exercising for 35 minutes every day.
If anyone can help, I will love you so much!!! Thank you.
:flowerforyou: :love:

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter if you're eating clean or not, if you're not losing weight then you're not burning more calories than you're eating every day. Either eat less, increase activity, or a little of both.
  • sirmeowsalot123
    Options
    I dont eat that much, I try to say below my 1200 calories but I'll definitely increase my running time. Thank you :)
  • lesy7
    lesy7 Posts: 2
    Options
    Staying below 1200 is not good, it's minimum what your body needs, if you go below, body will switch to saving mode. It's important to loose weight healthy if you want long term results.
  • sirmeowsalot123
    Options
    AWH CRAP XD Thank you so much, I''ll increase my calories.
  • tripeS94
    tripeS94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    EAT AT YOUR MAINTENANCE LEVELS OF 2000 CALORIES, DROPPING 100 CALORIES PER WEEK FOR 3 WEEKS. STAY AT AROUND 1700 CALORIES UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR METABOLISM TO SLOW. HONESTLY YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING YOU WANT(I.E. MCDONALDS, KFC) AS LONG AS YOU STAY AT AROUND MAINTENANCE LEVELS. CONCENTRATE ON EATING PROTEIN RICH FOODS AND EAT SEVERAL SMALL MEALS A DAY TO PREVENT HUNGER PANGS. CONTROL PORTIONS AND DO NOT OVEREAT, BECAUSE THAT WILL DEFINITELY MAKE YOU GAIN WEIGHT.

IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHUR QUESTIONS, JUST MESSAGE ME, IM A HEALTH SCIENTIST WITH A SOLID FOUNDATION IN NUTRITION AND DIETETICS.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    Do you log your food properly? Do you use weighing scales?

Many people don't think they are eating a lot, but they'd be surprised. For example, my sister thought she had a healthy day the other day, and thought count ing calories was stupid. I counted her calories for her and it turns out she had drank/eaten 700 calories more than she thought she did.

This is the main reason I feel I have achieved my weight loss so far, getting my portions right and sticking to my calories.
  • lesy7
    lesy7 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yeah defo stick to 1200 kcal and not less, better few above than below. Try to exercise more if you want to lose more. But also give your body a time, sometimes it can come to the point when you don't lose any weight even when you have done everything right, most important don't give up and keep doing what you doing and after few weeks weight will start to drop again.
  • sirmeowsalot123
    Options
    I am in my second day of logging in my food an exercise, and I think I'm logging in right XD. It seems that when I think I've eaten quite a lot, but when I log it in I'm under my proper amount of calories. But then again I havent logged in what I have drunk within the day. That might explain it. Thank you for your help
  • SuziAstro26
    SuziAstro26 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ive just rejoined - Feel free to add me :) x
  • Stuartw31
    Stuartw31 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi, 10 pounds in a month is really good a a great start to build on!!! Some good advice from the comments above re weighing your food as it does make a big difference, do it for a while until you get used to portion sizes and you;ll soon be on your way to another 10 lbs loss and more - fell free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • wenshel7
    wenshel7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You made a good point about logging in what you drink. Some beverages have a lot of calories and sugars and it adds up quickly. It is a good idea to try to replace these things with water - which I have a hard time with myself as a Diet Dr. Pepper addict, but I always encourage my kiddos to not "drink their calories". :smile: