New Rules of Lifting for Women ???

Options
I have the book and want to get started on this ... Anyone has had results with this program???

Can you share your customized workout plan (type of exercise and number of reps) ?

Thanks y'all !!!

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It's a good book- for some people it's a little complicated- I think if you lean toward the academic side of things- it's a good thing- lots of material and a great lifting program if you are just starting out.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    The book tells you exactly what exercises to do in each phase so if you read the book carefully you should be good. You can download logs for each phase of the book online also to keep track of your progress. I have been doing it for about 8 weeks..I am on Phase 2...I have seen more tightness and it is really helping my stomach, butt and legs. You still need to get your protein in and if you are using it to lose fat..small deficit. Good program but takes dedication.
  • farsteve
    farsteve Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    +1 on New Rules of Lifting (the original). I've heard nothing but good about Schuler's books and programs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I have the book and want to get started on this ... Anyone has had results with this program???

Can you share your customized workout plan (type of exercise and number of reps) ?

Thanks y'all !!!

It is the workout plan...don't customize it...follow the plan as prescribed, that's the whole point. The reason people follow these types of plans is because it takes and incredible amount of knowledge to create your own and results are better when following a tried and true lifting routine. You simply do not have the requisite knowledge to customize at this point and people who do so end up with muscular imbalances, over-train injuries, and just generally not getting the results they otherwise could have had they just followed a prescribed plan.

My wife has had great results following the training plan as prescribed.