If I drink a gallon of coffee...

Options
2»

Replies

• BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    But the refined sugar! (This is where I clutch my pearls.)

Unless you drink it black, which makes you the baddest of *sses in my book because I just can't do it. Maybe I'm terrible at making coffee, but it turns out pretty much like what I'd imagine liquified burnt arseholes taste like.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

How does this answer my question?
    By allowing you to read the article linked, along with the supporting evidence for the article, mostly.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I think you're stomach is gonna hurt. But as long as you're not using sugar and cream to add calories, I don't see why that can't count for water intake.It's just coffee flavored water! :)

I cannot live without cream and sugar. There would be no reason to live.

QFT...although I have found vanilla protein powder to add deliciousness as well..I'm not sure if my problem is adding the protein powder to my coffee..or coffee to my protein powder...
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I cant imagine your pee smelling too great, but this is coming from a girl who plans to eat asparagus every night for dinner for a while. But, I did just find out coffee has a bunch of potassium...so I say sure, why not
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Your body is capable of absorbing water from beverages other than water. Therefore, yes it counts. Think about all the people out there that NEVER drink plain water... they are not dying of dehydration. Don't get me wrong, do I think it's the best thing for you to drink that much coffee... probably not, but you will still get the water out of it.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

By allowing you to read the article linked, along with the supporting evidence for the article, mostly.

Sorry but I don't normally heed ".com" medical advice. I'd rather hear it from the MFP experts. Plus, TL:DR.
  • Collier78
    Options

Agreed. I wish I could do black, but love that milky sweetness....

Oh hai....

I got your milky sweetness.

bacon_zps72bad175.jpg
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options

Oh hai....

Dean_wink.gif

bacon_zps72bad175.jpg
    FIFY.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

Sorry but I don't normally heed ".com" medical advice. I'd rather hear it from the MFP experts. Plus, TL:DR.
    You don't heed ".com" advice, but you'd take the advice from "myfitnesspal.com." Is the irony there intended, or. . . .?
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Oh hai....

Dean_wink.gif

Oh, oh! I will certainly take a gallon o' THAT.
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options

Oh hai....

Dean_wink.gif

bacon_zps72bad175.jpg
    FIFY.

GTFO!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Do some research on it. I don't believe that much coffee is good for you. Not just in the caffeine though, but I remember pretty distinctly from my days working in that industry that a cup or two of coffee is really good while more than that will quickly go the other way. Every person is different though and you might be able to handle it, but seriously, I would look into it before drinking that much.

And from what I've been told, drinking your coffee black is kind of like drinking beer. It tastes horrible the first few times, but then you just kind of get used to it and then you start to just prefer it that way.
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options
    Do some research on it. I don't believe that much coffee is good for you. Not just in the caffeine though, but I remember pretty distinctly from my days working in that industry that a cup or two of coffee is really good while more than that will quickly go the other way. Every person is different though and you might be able to handle it, but seriously, I would look into it before drinking that much.

And from what I've been told, drinking your coffee black is kind of like drinking beer. It tastes horrible the first few times, but then you just kind of get used to it and then you start to just prefer it that way.

I'm of course exaggerating about the gallon of coffee. I drink about 18-24oz per day. I've never counted that as part of my water intake, but since I saw someone in the support forums giving the prison lawyer advice, I figured I'd see what you good people have to say.
  • Collier78
    Options

Oh hai....

Dean_wink.gif

bacon_zps72bad175.jpg
    FIFY.

You rock! These interwebs thangs are confuzin'!
  • Collier78
    Options

I'm of course exaggerating about the gallon of coffee. I drink about 18-24oz per day. I've never counted that as part of my water intake, but since I saw someone in the support forums giving the prison lawyer advice, I figured I'd see what you good people have to say.

Honey, you just keep on keeping on..I've creeped your profile...if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :bigsmile:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    You need the coffee that lemers or whatever animal it is, eats the beans then poops them out and they roast the pooped out beans. Its like $10 for a cup, or something like that
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options

Oh hai....

Dean_wink.gif

::quoting so I can steal the url and keeps it foreverzzz::
    ::whispers:: I love you too Dean. :wink: :blushing:
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Bummer, I fell for it.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm terrible at making coffee, but it turns out pretty much like what I'd imagine liquified burnt arseholes taste like.

:laugh: