Healthy Smoothie for a Blender...no Juicer....yet

Options
My items are all organic except the bananas (better flavor and better for you).

Cut up bananas and freeze them. Ripe but not too ripe.

In Blender:

1 1/2 Frozen Banana's
1/2 apple (peeled)
handful of baby spinach maybe a little more.
"About" a glass full of So Delicious Coconut Milk unsweetened.

The Green will match your child's neon shoes and be so yummy!

Blessings.

Replies

• Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I will never own a juicer, the whole fruit or vegetable is better for you anyway. ;)
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    that sounds good and I have been told that when you mix the fruit with the spinach leaves you can't even taste the spinach. I have also been told frozen grapes are great in smoothies. I'll have to give this one a try. I try and eat a fresh smoothie each night for snack when I'm hungry instead of the other snacks calling my name from the kitchen.
  • Redgal56
    Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a NutriBullet and have a smoothie every morning. Yours sounds like mine except I add Flax Seeds (1 T), 1 cup frozen raspberries instead of the apple, and a Tablespoon of Almond Butter. It is soooooo delish! My blender broke and instead of getting a new one I thought I would try the NutriBullet and am very happy with the smoothies it makes. The recipes for smoothies are endless!
  • Redgal56
    Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    "I will never own a juicer, the whole fruit or vegetable is better for you anyway. ;)"

The NutriBullet is an Extractor. So, like eating the whole fruit, you get the same nutrients. :wink:
  • Sunshine4ume
    Options
    I will definitely try yours, I love almond butter. And thank you, I had not consider a NutriBullet, I will check into that!