Darn You RunKeeper!

Options
JTick
JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
My Runkeeper has been giving me fits here lately...it keeps force closing in the middle of my runs which is a serious issue since I use it for intervals. It's quite annoying to have to keep digging it out of my belt and turning the app back on, and then calculating how many miles I have left to go since it quit in the middle of the workout.

I did update it, and haven't ran with it updated yet so hopefully it's fixed....but I'm getting ready for a half marathon feel I can't trust it any longer.

What app do you use for running? I need something that will let me input custom intervals since I Galloway my runs. I also really like that Runkeeper syncs with MFP, so any app that does that would be a plus. I wouldn't mind paying a couple bucks for an app either.

Replies

• JTick
    Options
    bump
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I use Runtastic never had any real issues with it. It syncs with MFP if you wish (though I don't use that feature)
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Try it one more time since it updated, but if it is not fixed, you might want to try Map my run, or runtastic or the Nike app. Good luck!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Run double is good, and syncs to mfp.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I also really like that Runkeeper syncs with MFP, so any app that does that would be a plus.

I haven't been having any issues with Runkeeper on Android recently but I also use Endomondo in parallel with it.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I use Nike+ Running and really like it. I do have to enter in my info on MFP; it doesn't automatically feed, which is a bummer. I've had some issues with the app, but I think it's more my phone than the app. For me, I really like getting badges, like longest run, 3 runs in a week, etc.

You could certainly have two different apps running at the same time, so if Runkeeper quits on you, at least something is tracking you. Good luck!
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    If you're on an iPhone, iRunSmooth is excellent, and it's actually free today on the iTunes store.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I use Map My Run and really like it. Worked great until the GPS on my phone crapped out. Two weeks to new contract and new Droid Maxx.
  • RushBabe_214
    Options
    I have both Runtastic and Runkeeper. I prefer Runtastic.
  • dancinqueen91
    dancinqueen91 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo. I prefer it over Runkeeper and have never had any issues!
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use Garmin Fit to track my running and cycling. I also have an app called 'A HIIT Interval Timer' that lets me specify intervals pretty easily.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Sport Tracker is a good one.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper also on my iPhone and no problems.

About a year or so ago I had issues and had to uninstall and re-install the app - no problems since. I can't even remember if it's the same problem you're reporting or not.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Jog Log, very accurate as compared to map my run mileages.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Another vote here for Map My Run. That being said, I have nothing to compare it to since it's the only running app I have. lol
  • JTick
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll try my Runkeeper one more time, and if it's still crappy I'll check out some of the suggestions.
  • Chewbacca262
    Options
    Funny that I just found this thread.

I was using the Android Runkeeper this morning for a half marathon and it reset on me at mile 6 or so. At least it managed upload both parts of the run.
    Up until today, RK was fine and I even signed up for Elite RK.

I had used Endomondo but switched because it seemed to over estimate the calories on each run compared to MFP when I would manually enter the data.