1 year later...

Options
Well, this is really kind of difficult for me to do. I've never liked sharing photos of myself but, I really want to let people out there know that it can be done. You just have to do it. I started exactly a year ago today. I had just turned 37 and my brother (11 years older than I and in seemingly much better shape) had a heart attack and almost died. I wasn't well. As you can see from my before picture, I was obese at 5'3" and 225 lbs. After the birth of my now 5 year old, I was diagnosed hypothyroid. Combine that with a baby who never slept more than a couple hours and it wasn't a good recipe. I was exhausted all the time and I ate terribly. I also have 3 other kids, so I was stretched a little thin and for about 4 years, I just let go of myself. It took my brother's heart attack to wake me up. I joined weight watchers and started exercising. I added the exercise slowly because I had been having other medical issues. I started dropping the weight almost, 40 lbs, but felt like I was starving and weight watchers was confusing with the Activity points. I felt it would just be easier for me to count calories and log what I was eating so I found MFP. I don't remember even exactly when I joined, but I've lost another 34. My total for the year 71.4 lbs!

before-The only picture I could find. I hid from the camera. This was at my daughter's play last year and right after I had gotten the worst haircut ever.
Terripicfat_zps0900c053.jpg

A few months ago, at my daughter's play this year.
cb761dc4-107e-4723-b92a-5242412ca3d8_zps6c871751.jpg

today!
430a70ae-ed23-4f4b-b84c-474bc29a13a5_zps0aa9de4b.jpg

one more!
a4313d4e-290c-448a-997c-3377211adae7_zps0dcf6ed3.jpg

I hope the pictures work. Some stats, I went from 225ibs to 153.6lbs. I was a size 20 in bottoms and a 1X in tops. I now wear a 9/10 in bottoms and a M in tops. I hope to lose a little more and then work on the muscles. I just turned 38 last week and I feel absolutely fabulous!

Replies

• ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! It's amazing how much younger you look. Amazing job!!
  • determinedgirl1
    determinedgirl1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great Job! You look great!
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger & healthier now! Way to go!
  • kschro9
    kschro9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job! You look like you are in your 20s now!!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - GREAT JOB!!
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look like you lost a couple of decades of age as well as a lot of weight. Fantastic.
  • CrystalQ222
    CrystalQ222 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great change you look amazing :)
  • mandakittykitty
    mandakittykitty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Can I get a Hell Yes?! You look great! I'm starting right where you are, so it's SOOOOO inspiring to know it's possible after even a year...thank you for being brave and posting! You look fabulous!
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I should note that I actually feel like I lost a decade or so. I haven't felt this good since at least my early 20s.
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my starting weight was 214 so THANK YOU for your amazing work and inspiration! I had randomly put a goal weight on 150 out there and I can really see what it looks like on you! YOU ARE AMAZING!
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I should note that I actually feel like I lost a decade or so. I haven't felt this good since at least my early 20s.

This is the best part!!! It's amazing to look so much better, but feeling stronger, more capable, and healthier is the hugest win. Great work!
  • Caroline244
    Caroline244 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look fantastic :-)
  • ColoradoDogMom
    ColoradoDogMom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You look stunning, a different person. And good for you for not saying "I can't lose weight, I'm hypothyroid"!

Lovely transformation :o)
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look amazing!

How proud are you of what you've done...................?!

Way to go!!
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    HOT MOMMA!!

You have done a wonderful job! You look so much younger and happier :).

Beautiful transformation!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! Seriously you look like your daughter's sister now! Way younger!
  • lovelayla
    Options
    Beautiful.Congrats
  • cmart996
    cmart996 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Excellent work, you look fabulous!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!