feeling crabby

Options
already know I am going to be crabbing on March 8th because I am feeling fatalisic about my goal. How do I change this feeling?

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I don't...huh?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I don't...huh?

This.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am thinking you are meaning fatalistic?
  • renosnewlife
    Options
    yes I missed the t.

More of an explanation I have a goal to be at 230 by March 8th I am sitting here at work and at least three times today has come to mind I am going to be crabby that day because I just know I am not going to make my goal. I try not to do this to myself but can not seem to stop it. Any suggestions?
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Well you didn't meet your goal so reconsider a new goal and keep on keeping on. I thought you were going crabbing like on a boat or something and I was really confused what was going on.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I don't set weight goals and dates any more. My goals are to eat within my calories except a few special days already carved out that will be at maintenance days and I set mile goals. I will walk/run 40 miles in March. I can't control when my body will let go of the pounds but if I do what I have planned out eventually it will. I love the surprise of putting on a pair of pants and needing a belt.
  • MsBrandylove
    MsBrandylove Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Was your goal unrealistic to start with? If yes, perhaps setting a realistic goal in the future will help you. If it was realistic, but for whatever reasons you didn't meet your goal, perhaps taking that "crabby" feeling and turning it into fuel for your next realistic goal, knowing that it is with in your power to acheive it could do some good! I'm working on "changing my brain" myself. Looking at situations in a new way so I don't fall into old patterns of self distructive behavior. Keep pushing! You can't fail if you don't quit :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i kinda feel you. i set a date of july 22. my one year mark. i really wanted to lose 100 by then. but the last two months things have slowed to a crawl and at this point as much as ill be disappointed im going to be ok with whatever the number will be on that date. and then keep going until i reach my final goal of 125.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Change your goal to a daily thing. One day at a time done healthy and strong. Give that some time to amount to a substantial success and a better understanding of what you are capable of and then start making bigger and more long term goals.

The most important goal we can make is to do today properly.
  • renosnewlife
    Options
    thanks for the advice I have only 2.2lbs to go so it should be obtainable but this is always where my head kicks in and try's to sabotage myself. I think I will try do activity goals instead I can not let that number on the scale control me any longer. Thanks for listening.