Any snow lovers in here????

Options
2»

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    No, I hate snow. I have 19 inches on the ground and it's snowing more now. You can have mine. :tongue: :grumble: Enjoy!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    No, and the forecast says we will get some Sunday. Depending on what I see 3-6, 4-8...who knows, maybe they will be wrong. I might be ok with snow if we got snow days and got a day off work instead of shoveling out to go to work.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I LOVE SNOW ...............IN A DANG PICTURE!..

I'M FLORIDA BOY AND LOVE EVERY SPECK OF SAND DOWN HERE !!!!!!
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I wish it snowed in California.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i love the snow. i got myself a new burton channel board and i'm loving it!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Love it but I just want one or two major storms per winter with at least half-foot each and to last a week or so. Unfortunately, this season we got ~11" but scattered across 4-5 storms; so, just enough to cause inconvenience but not enough to have serious fun (e.g. snowman, fort, etc.)
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I *love* snow and winter.
    I love being able to wear layers, and lovely textiles like wool and velvet. I love having a jacket instead of a purse, I love having a hat.
    Plus I'm a redhead under the dye, so I love NOT having red, blotchy skin. Or sunburn. Or heat exhaustion.
    And yes, I am that person who will happily wear snowboots and shorts all winter. But I'm from Denver, so, you know.

I just love seasons in general. Ones that change once in a while. Or even that change like they do back home, where one day can hold an 85-degree high *and* a foot of snow.

I'm currently stuck in the lovely cesspit of Stockton, CA. Where it's only 120 degrees in the summer. Peeps here wear down jackets with boots and scarves and gloves in 75-degree weather. Add the behind-the-times and spread out rural nature of 99.9% of California to the lack of any seasons other than summer and slightly-less-summer, and time doesn't pass at all, it's like a bad Groundhog Day nightmare. :laugh:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Snow's fine. What's not okay is the temperatures that create it.

1511717_841861900311_1693147946_n.jpg

I'm ready for summer. Or spring. Or normal winter temperatures.

Edit: PS what's not showing in the gigantic picture is the -39F windchill factor. Yay, Michigan.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I'm in Minnesota.
    sad_jon_snow.gif

*fistbump*

HDdHa.gif

Whenever I complain about the cold and snow in Montana (the cold does suck abominable snowman balls), my parents remind me that they moved us to Montana from Northern Minnesota when I was a small child, in part for better weather. Props to you. I agree you Minnesotans win on embracing the winter suck!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    JEEPERS, I am in CANADA, MINUS 34 WINDCHILLS THIS MORNING, THE SNOWBANKS ARE 12 feet high
    I snowshoe every day.
    come on over.
    bring some whiskey
    or wine.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I am so freaking sick of winter.

I have at minimum 3' of snow in my back yard. And am tired of shoveling. In some spots, the kids can walk up the snowbank and over our four foot fence into my back yard.

The temperatures have hovered around -35C to -45C for almost two months, and the only time it warms up is so that it can snow again.

I am ready for the snow and cold to JUST. GO. AWAY.

If the temps are mild... and snow is sticky and we can make snow angels and forts and snowmen, and go tobogganing - yes, it can be pretty freaking awesome.

But when your eyeballs freeze in less than 2 minutes... it can REALLY SUCK.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    JEEPERS, I am in CANADA, MINUS 34 WINDCHILLS THIS MORNING, THE SNOWBANKS ARE 12 feet high
    I snowshoe every day.
    come on over.
    bring some whiskey
    or wine.

I'm SO there! I'm also bringing the whiskey and the wine!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I like snow when I don't have to shovel.
  • LittleBeth317
    Options
    I live in PA too! So far this winter season we reached a total of 120.6 inches of snow.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    Got snow? The answer is a big yes!