Wine

Options
While Dieting I may want to wind down with a glass of wine. Is this a big no no?
Really wanting some...

Replies

• rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I LOVE wine!! Personally, I am trying to limit my drinking to weekends or special occasions. Some people probably cut out all alcohol but you have to decide what will work for you. I can't imagine giving it up totally so.....that's my compromise :-)
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Of course you should have a glass of wine. Denial is the first step to failure or something like that. :laugh: Just figure the calories into your total for the day.
  • mjcongleton
    mjcongleton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking a 5.5 ounce glass of Cabernet right now LOL. I drink it often and have lost 12 pounds so far so I guess it is OK.

As a side note, I don't think binge drinking will fit the bill, but many days I have 2 of those 5.5 ounce glasses of wine. Just count your calories well. Also if I remember right "dry" wine has less calories then "wet/sweet" wine. Double check that for sure, but I think that is right.
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I came for the wine... I'm gonna have some wine.
  • daisyellow
    daisyellow Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    As long as you're under your calorie goal, you'll continue to lose weight while drinking wine.

It's science.
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have cut back in the week and will try and limit it to a weekend...just had a glass of sauvignon blanc
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    As you can see from my pic I love a glass or 3 of vino :drinker: I make room in my calories and I started drinking white and rose with soda water to make it a longer drink.
  • fhfreedom
    fhfreedom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wine is acceptable like anything... in moderation and tracked ;) Just happens to be my favorite little "something".
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have the odd glass of wine when I feel like, if it fits in my calorie day. In general weightloss, your body doesn't really care where the calories come from. Its all a form of fuel until you get to serious training or body building and then it matters a little more.

The only caution I will say is dont do it the night before a weigh-in. Alcohol pretty much always causes a temporary scale spike for me.
  • shrinkingshreya
    shrinkingshreya Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    A 5 oz glass of red wine a day is very healthy for you! You can have a glass of wine and a piece of dark chocolate for under 250 calories.. a great way to unwind and enjoy yourself and that end of your night. I have sort of a binge problem with drinking so I tend to get carried away but if I plan it into my day I'm less likely to do so!
  • shrinkingshreya
    shrinkingshreya Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    As you can see from my pic I love a glass or 3 of vino :drinker: I make room in my calories and I started drinking white and rose with soda water to make it a longer drink.

I REALLY like this idea!
  • charlicee
    Options
    Keep it to one 4-oz glass each night, most wines will be 90-125 calories for that one glass. However, if you are dieting under 1500 calories, I say skip the wine till the weekend, a cheat day, a special occasion, or a low-cal dinner.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Wine, for me , and dieting doesn't work! One glass tends to lead to another syndrome! I try to limit it to social occasions!
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 lbs and didn't give up wine. As long as you factor it into your daily calorie count you should be fine!
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Sure.
  • Mooz11
    Mooz11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have cut way back on my alcohol/wine consumption. I'm using it as a reward for sticking to my diet and losing weight. i.e. Lose 4lbs, get to have a glass (or 2) of wine that week...total. I usually save it for a weekend just to make it feel like a real night out (though these days I'm usually at home with the hubby and kids playing with trains, reading books or coloring. lol)
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Had to cut way back, but I still enjoy wine. Will enjoy wine tonight! I put it in my log earlier to see how many calories I'd have left for dinner. lol
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    If it fits my day I have it

and some times even when it doesn't
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have no problem fitting in a glass of wine with dinner, or if I go out for lunch with a friend. If you're having that glass at lunch though, make sure you've already worked out that morning, or are on a rest day, as it's not a good idea to workout with alcohol in your system, even if you don't think you have a buzz on from just one glass.

That said, I have cut way down on my wine consumption because it's oh so easy to finish the bottle, sweet tasting nectar of the Gods that it is.
  • Chiileo5021
    Chiileo5021 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the comments!
    It never notified me I had comments! Thank you :smiley: