want to weep with frustration

Options
Really feel had enough with trying for a healthy life style. Kill myself all week at the gym and eat so healthily and have lost nothing this week, then had quarter of a dominos pizza with half fat cheese and put on 2lbs overnight!! Hate my ruddy metabolisim! !:explode:

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Eat "good" or "clean" or "healthy" (whatever those words mean to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    1. Pizza! Yum. I ate an entire pizza in the last 24 hours. I regret nothing.

2. You didn't "gain" two pounds from eating 1/4 of a pizza. Your weight will fluctuate up to five pounds a day, but you won't actually gain two pounds of fat overnight.

3. Is your diary open?

4. One week does not make you a Success or Failure.

5. Please breathe. 25 pounds to lose is going to take a while.
  • princesapoppy
    Options
    Hi thanks for response in particular 'breathe' advice. Im super caught up with all the celeb weight drops in 3 weej stuff that I don't think rationally. How do I do a diary please, am new to this! Thamks, Poppy
  • princesapoppy
    Options
    Thanks do much for this, shall nip across for a look x
  • princesapoppy
    Options
    Thanks do much for this, shall nip across for a look x
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Its been a week! You got to give yourself and body time to adjust! Stick to it and dont give up! Trust me its worth it in the end!
  • midnightjogger
    midnightjogger Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's probably just water retention. I was tripping at the beginning of the week-because the scale reflected I had gained 5 lbs. Come to find out both pain medications the doctor put me on for my knee can cause water retention. Hang in there! You'll get past this!
  • princesapoppy
    Options
    Thanks- I think its because im panicking about a hen party I have this spring- the bride and other girls are all teeeny size (uk) 6/8 and tall- I.e 5'7" and up. Feel like little miss dumpy as am 5'1" and round!!
  • princesapoppy
    Options
    Oh didn't realise they could cause this, am on various pills for pain so shall check out! ×
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You did not put on 2 pounds of fat overnight. It's not possible.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I'm panicking about a hen party I have this spring- the bride and other girls are all teeeny size (uk) 6/8 and tall- I.e 5'7" and up. Feel like little miss dumpy as am 5'1" and round!!
    The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. Set your goal to 1 or .5 lb. per week and be patient.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Persevere :flowerforyou:
  • nianderson86
    Options
    I agree, be patient. I was frustrated when I was on a 1200 calorie diet for two weeks and I was obsessively counting calories and working out and losing NOTHING. Until I read a post on here advising to people to not follow a 1200 calorie diet, so I bumped myself up to around 1400 calories a day. That was two weeks ago and I've already lost almost 4 lbs, I'm so much happier and I have more energy to work out. I'm not sure what calorie intake you're following but you just need to play around with your diet and exercise to see what works for you. Also know that the scale won't always be your friend. There are some days that I think I've done a stellar job on my diet and exercise and then I weigh myself in the morning to find out I've gained weight! I've found though that it usually drops off again by the next day plus more. All you can do is keep on trying. Best of luck.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Hi thanks for response in particular 'breathe' advice. Im super caught up with all the celeb weight drops in 3 weej stuff that I don't think rationally. How do I do a diary please, am new to this! Thamks, Poppy

Oh, I was referring to your Food Diary here, you can "open" it so others can take a look and give suggestions. It's here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Just scroll down to the bottom of the page and make it "Public" if you want to ask more questions.

You know, you'll lose what weight you lose. Don't stress about your hen party (whatever that is :laugh:) they love you just the way you are and no one is going to care if you lose two pounds or twenty.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    A hen party is a bachelorette party.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you didn't put on 2 pounds from a couple of slices of pizza. I can go up a few pounds if I've been working out hard (muscles retaining water to repair themselves) , if I've not been drinking enough water, eating too much sodium, time of the month etc. Just keep up the gym and sticking to your calories and the you will start to lose. Don't get discouraged, just stick with it.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    A hen party is a bachelorette party.

Oh, thanks! Is it a UK thing?

Do they make you weigh-in before you get any little sandwiches or biscuits?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

You sound like a perfect candidate for Adopt-a-Noob. Check this thread....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161976-adopt-a-noob-official-mfp-thread

Many very experienced MFP's are willing to mentor noobies... just because they know what it was like when they first got here.

Read the first post in the thread. There are quite a few mentors who have offered services, fairly recently, so you could start from the last page of the thread, if you wanted, to find someone who might be suitable for you. It's your obligation to find possible mentors from the thread.... ( there's also an updated list in the first post ) and PM them. Don't just post in the thread that you'd like a mentor. That's not how it works.
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    Like most on here have said, don't panic. Breathe!! It's going to take a while to lose that weight, I'm down to losing the last 30 or so pounds and it's slowed considerably (not to mention I lapsed, so I'm back again) . One more thing.....this will likely be the hardest out of everything because it's shoved at all of us so much. You have to stop comparing yourself to other people. That is a must. There's always going to be someone thinner, someone prettier, someone with bigger muscles etc. You are you, I'm me....sure I'd love to have the curvy behind of Jennifer Lopez or Shakira or any number of women because I love that kind of curve, but I likely never will because my body doesn't curve out like that. So, do your best to ease up on yourself and stop it with the comparing. That's as damaging as calling yourself fat or ugly or stupid.

Don't deprive yourself of every single thing you love to eat either, just don't stock up on the junk. Keep small amounts around and that's it. You'll see progress, the scale is deceiving as well. Use a measuring tape and your clothing :)
  • Lorenashere1993
    Options
    hi Iam also new... don't be hard on yourself.. eat every two hours something healthy like fruit or veggies... drink lots of water. Indulge on pizza on a sat or sunday.....