Am I doing something wrong? Seems too easy

Options
MBrothers22
MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
First off, Im pretty big guy. 350 lbs but I definitely don't feel or look it. 6'2".
I have my settings as 2 lbs per week and lightly active. MFP gives me 2740 calories per day. I've cut out the fast food and pop and junk food but I'm not exactly eating bowls of fruit. Today I had a waffle with peanut butter and chobani yogurt for breakfast- 382 calories. Lunch I had a 12 inch subway oven roasted chicken on wheat. 820 calories. Dinner I had 12 ounces of baked chicken and a healthy choice beef merlot. 695 cal. Snacks were peanuts and Dannon fruit yogurt- 300 cal. I also went to my gym and ran, biked, and weight machines. Not counting the weights, I burned 488 cal. This puts me at a net total of 1709. I'm 43 grams of fat UNDER, 102 cholesterol under, 191 carbs under, 45 sugar under. After all this and I find this not hard to do. Is there anything I'm missing? I took in too much salt and calcium but I know there is a lot of different opinions on sodium intake especially if you sweat via working out. Too much calcium though? Is that bad?

Replies

• Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Nope sounds like you are doing good to me! I never pay attention to sodium, carbs, sugar etc.. Good luck!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Losing weight doesn't have to be as hard as some people make it....there's definitely no need to starve yourself. I never go hungry...if I'm hungry, I eat. I stop eating when my calories are gone. Simple!

You're probably going to catch Hell on here for the processed food. Personally, I'd concentrate on hitting my calorie limit first. After that, work on hitting your macros...protein, fat, carbs. After these steps, then I'd work on weaning out the processed food if you choose to. I eat lots of processed food though, and it's never hurt my loss. I do eat fruits and veggies with it though. Sodium and sugar don't need to be tracked unless you have a medical reason to do so.

It is important to eat all the calories the website gives you, plus about 50% or so of your exercise calories. You don't want to run too big of a deficit...this could cause you to lose excess muscle mass and possibly lead to overeating.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    It's all about baby steps and it looks like things are going well for you. Just because you're trying to lose weight doesn't mean you have to suffer! There will be times when it's easy and others when it's hard, but just keep at it :)
  • Commander6666
    Commander6666 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Dude you are killing it. Awesome job. It gets harder to lose the lighter you get but the more you lose the more you are motivated.
  • jesandrews91
    jesandrews91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For me cutting my cals and carbs was very difficult! Although my daily cal intake is much different from yours.. My daily intake is 1200 cals. But I've slowly have even able to substitute foods. Ex instead of using ranch on my salads I use a vinaigrette. Small things like that can cut my cals. If you are having an easy time that is great and I'm very happy for you but it was a very difficult beginning for me to change my diet at first. Good luck!
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the feedback everyone. Good luck to everyone in meeting their goal! It looks like if anything just add some more fruits and vegetables to not have such a big deficit.