Belly fat cure

I am looking for other people who are doing the belly fat cure. I would love to be able to follow some other people and give support to each other!!

Replies

• Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    what is it?
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    I don't know what that is but your screenname makes me think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG7lpZZTyd8
  • mjbogle
    mjbogle Posts: 1
    Don't know what it is but am interested.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Belly fat comes from overeating not what the author is claiming. Here's a review from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
    Though the author claims the Belly Fat Cure is not a diet but a lifestyle, the severe limit on sugar (even from healthy foods like fruit and low fat dairy) and the precise ratio of sugar to carbohydrate recommended do, in fact, sound like a "diet" in the restrictive sense of the term. The four- to nine-pound loss weight loss hyped on the cover dramatically exceeds the one- to two-pound per week weight loss recommended by most credentialed experts based on weight management research to date. Losing weight with dietary changes alone and no exercise, which Cruise claims is not necessary for weight loss, can lead you to lose lean muscle mass, which can dramatically slow your metabolic rate, lower your body's daily caloric needs and make it hard to keep any lost weight off long-term. Furthermore, rapid weight loss can put you at risk for developing gallstones.

Although I appreciate the cap on sugar especially from processed, nutrient-poor foods, Cruise's claim that sugar found in fruit and dairy foods help promote belly fat has no scientific merit. Limiting fruit and low-fat dairy foods to the extent that's recommended by Cruise can contribute to nutritional deficiencies unless special care is taken to make up for those lost nutrients elsewhere in the diet. I do appreciate the focus on fiber-rich whole grains, especially since Americans average about one 1-ounce equivalent of whole grains and need a minimum of three each day according to the current Dietary Guidelines. The evidence to support Cruise's idea that sugar and refined carbohydrates are at the root of obesity, especially in the abdominal area, is sketchy at best.

http://www.eatright.org/Media/content.aspx?id=10460#.UxFfoc7mOSo
    Gimmick diets are just that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    I did the "belly fat cure" a few years ago. I lost 20 pounds in a few months. It worked, but it is not sustainable. I had to cut out most fruits and vegetable because the diet severely restricts carbs and sugar (an apple has half of the sugar you are allowed in one day on that diet). You can't really eat a balanced diet on this diet. I have maintained the weight loss for a few years pretty much just by eating foods I know are healthy, and counting calories if I find myself gaining. I've learned a lot about what foods are healthy and just try to make that the majority of what I eat. It is much less restrictive than the belly fat cure diet.