I am officially Starting

newmannuthouse
newmannuthouse Posts: 3
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I grew up being generally athletic. I was on the swim team by 8 yrs old and did that till my senior year, when I tried Diving and Water Polo. By 18, I was slim(135) and muscular. I got married and had my first child at 20, now 10 years and 6 kids later I have some weight to lose. I have always tried to eat right, but have never found the time(after my 2nd child) to exercise consistently. Yet you would think that chasing after the kids and carrying my HUGE babies(they are usually 24pds by 4 months) I would loose alot of weight, but oh well.

I do not hold any false hopes of making it back to 135, but I would like to make it to a "healthy" weight. Its been nice for the last 3 days having to account for everything that I eat. I find myself eating smaller portions and not snacking as much. I started exercising last Friday night and this week I made a commitment to exercise at least 3 times a week. This morning I got up and ran for 15 min, it felt so good!! I just hope that I am able to keep it up. My husband wants to loose weight too, so I think I'm going to start a competition with him, to see who can loose the most by May/June.

I know I'm new and people are always over-zealous at the beginning, but somethings gotta give and I am making the change. I hope I can find some friends on here who are wanting to do the same and we can encourage each other.

I started MFP Thurs Dec 3rd at 189.
I am hoping that I can hit 150 by May or June.

Thank you for any and all support!
:happy:

3069410.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Welcome to the site!
    Good luck =)
  • Healthymom0000
    Healthymom0000 Posts: 14 Member
    Welcome!

I am pretty new myself and find that tracking my food is a real eye-opener. I think so many people do not lose weight because they underestimate the number of calories they are consuming. I am aiming for 1,500 calories a day and I will be honest.....it is not too hard to get there!

Good luck with your journey.....I admire you for the energy it must take to mother 6 children! :)
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    6 kids ties you up, all right. But you know, after they get a little older and you have got healthier, you will find ways to keep it going. You can do it. You will do it. There needs to be some you time somewhere somehow. Consider this a gift to yourself that multiplies down to the kids. There are too many reasons not to let yourself get slow and unhealthy not to!

I had 3 kids close together, got smaller again eventually, then had another. I sort of gave up after #4. Now I know it is possible, even in my peri-menapausal age.

It might take some time, but the more you do, the more you will want to do. It'll feed your motivation as you feel better. Keeping up with kids and not feeling too tired will be a huge success!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Welcome - you will love it here and I agree with you having to account for everything really makes you realize what you are eating. Feel free to friend me for encourage along your journey.
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Welcome! This is a wonderful place! The support is awesome & I love giving support. This site has really helped me so far even if it's only been 23 days. Good luck on your journey!
  • Welcome and good luck!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Good luck. Remember, one lb at a time and we're all here to help each other get to where we want to be!
  • Thanks for all your encouragement!!!
This discussion has been closed.