I have to go to a party tomorrow night

Options
I will be going to a party tomorrow night and the menu (buffet sytle) has ALL MY FAVOURITES: sliders; wings; fries; etc. Essentially, crap.

I am about half way through the weight loss part of my journey..

What type of approach do you guys take when you know you'll be swimming in every weakness you have?

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I enjoy some of my favorites IN MODERATION, and then I go back to my program. One day won't kill you, nor even set you back that much over the long haul. The key is going right back to your new routine.
  • michellewelch2010
    michellewelch2010 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I would dive in... Try a bit of all my favorites... No second helpings though! Then consider tomorrow a new day. Eat slowly and savor it like it's your last meal. Drink lots of water the next day.
  • NewFitMum13
    Options
    I definitely have to agree with the other posters!, Indulge! its only one day and the next day just continue ur usual routine. Yes lots of water!!!.... I'm half way through my program and i just went to a baby shower that has so many goodies, I dove into everything but without second helpings. The next day drank plenty of water and did my workout and ate my usual. One day won't break ur program unless you allow urself to do so! Have fun and enjoy the food!!!!
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Go in and party and enjoy and eat as much as you like, reward yourself that you got this far, then get back into your usual routine, stay far away from any scales for a few days, and by the saturday after you may of still of lost more weight.
  • timrpm
    timrpm Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Eat before the party. Avoid eating all the crappy snacks and undoing the good work.
  • AinToronto13
    AinToronto13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is a great post and you are at an advantage! Last weekend I went to a reception and it was nothing but white pasta and bread - two serving bowls of salad so I just took one and ate it to myself.

These events, the way I look at it, are tests for us, as they will continually come up. So, it's up to you. Knowing your loves will be at the party you can either ask them over for a hug, or a full make out session. My approach? Get a super duper work out in and then try one of each if you know yourself well enough. If your goal to stay on your nutritional track is so big that you can pass the slider for a celery stick, then do it.

I always plan where I can and where I can't I still put my nutritional goals ahead of anything that I think may taste better.

Hope that helps a bit. I have been on this road a long time, so I know, for me what works. And try a small plate of pasta would only lead to another and another and then the mental rationalization that I had ****ed up enough why not have a donut, square and piece of cake. Find your mental warrior.

A
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Just eat what is new or different.
    For example, you know what Fritos taste like, so don't eat them.
    This works for me.