anxiety and depression support

Options
Hello =) I am 27 and 220 pound. Trying to get down to 150. used to be 300. But I digress.

Anyone else doing it while struggling with anxiety and/or depression? Please add me. I will admit I cant always be cheery or bubbly. Sometimes I have bad day. I need MFP friends who wont delete me on these bad days. I am dedicated to eating healthy and working out but lately all my willpower goes to getting out of bed in the morning. Looking for advice, support or a lecture.

Thank you for your time =)

Replies

• BrendaMay70
    BrendaMay70 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I won't delete you on your tough days if you won't on my tough days.
    I have struggled with depression and anxiety for over 20 years. I feel your struggle.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: to all the people who added me thankyou. you made it that much easier to lift myself into a good mood
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    We all have our bad days but we cant let that stop us from moving on. We have to keep pushing, keep trying to improve. I totally understand where you're coming from though. I suffered with depression for soooo long and I still have my moments but I try to think positive and look at how far I've come. You are so much stronger than you think!
  • cortana01
    cortana01 Posts: 55
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss so far :flowerforyou:
    I'm definitely in the anxiety and depression boat, it's a very bumpy ride at times! feel free to add me :bigsmile:
  • RooBug88
    RooBug88 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    We're with you, girl! Together we're unstoppable! :D
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Struggle with both, but trying to work my way through.

Feel free to add.
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far! I've had depression through anxiety for a while but recently I've been happy for me getting out walking helps a lot and more recently I'm addicted to hot yoga. How do you get out of a rut? Add me and I'll try and be as supportive as possible.

All the best!
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have anxiety. I found changing my eating habits has eased it so much, but it is always there. It's a hard path to do, but it can be done and you love yourself for it when you start seeing results :)
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My issue was I was doing so well. then I started working as a Swim teacher. I kept up with it but I stopped losing 2 pounds a week. Then I got a second job and after two weeks of that I gave up completely. This was a month or two ago. Just started again. Because I want that happy feel amazing thing I had going on while I was working out and eating healthy. Thank you everyone :drinker:
  • ludeo
    ludeo Posts: 75
    Options
    hey, my name is michelle and i also have anxiety/depression and are looking for motivational friends. im currently trying to get back in shape but has been hard with the weight gain that comes with anti deppressants. really need some friends who understand what im going through. still not sure how to deal with all this. im also studying nursing so if anyone has any suggestions how to deal when studying that ould be great!
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those annoyingly positive people who always looks on the bright side of life but I live with someone with depression so I know how it can be sometimes :) Feel free to add me.
  • AVT78
    AVT78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with anxiety and depression since my teenage years (35 now) and I know how hard it is to try to lift yourself out of it.
    My journey is similar to yours, I feel off the wagon about two years ago and gained back some weight that I had lost ( lost 112lbs back in 05') but I know in my heart that I can do this. I just have to remain positive.
    Feel free to add me. I won't delete you on bad days, I will try to lift you up instead :flowerforyou: