A surprise side effect!

Options
So this morning I was really excited to see that I am down to 183! I started MFP at 195 and before MFP I was up to 199 at one point, so I've already came a long way thanks to eating healthy, exercising and MFP of course. I'm determined to get below 180 before Christmas and really shock all my family members who haven't seen me in a while!

Amidst all this excitement this morning I noticed that my wedding ring was gone! I never take mine off and I noticed lately that it was becoming very loose on my fingers, but never would I have imagined it would just come off while asleep. I tore apart my whole room and the house for that matter and was late for work searching for it to no avail! Luckily I at least had my engagement ring stashed away as a back up. Hopefully I will be able to find it when I get home!

I would be interested to see if anyone else had any similar experiences, if so let me know! Wish me luck on finding it tonight!

Trent

Replies

• lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I wish you luck and I wish that you find your ring!!! Good Luck!!!!!!
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    I'd say it either fell off in your shower or your bed :) Don't panic just do a spring cleaning and it will show up
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I only had 10 pounds to lose and my ring was falling off if I moved my hand too fast. I had to put in a piece of metal on the inside of the band to make it tighter, I could not size it down due to the pattern. I'm not sure what the piece is called but most jewelry stores have them for really cheap.
  • doramouse
    Options
    Sorry about your ring. I hope you find it! I started out on MFP at 195.6 the last week of Sept and in Aug I was up to 198 - 200. This morning i am 186.6 and I've been noticing for the last couple weeks my wedding ring is a little loose. I couldn't budge it before :)
    It is not anywhere near falling off but your story is a good reminder to pay attention!
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I had to have my wedding ring resized about 2 sizes down...I wore it for about 2-3 weeks with a huge knot of string tied around it. I have found that my FEET have even gotten smaller...I used to wear Size 11 WIDE running shoes now I am in 10.5 REGULARS
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    my ring is getting loose also, i lost 22 lbs total... 11 on MFP, i hope you find your ring! before i go ahead and re-size my ring i will put on the band tightener at the jewelers... if you find yours, you should look into that.. good luck!
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    My ring is the reason i'm here. I've been engaged for some time and in July I went to buy wedding rings only to discover I had gotten so fat I had to have my engagement ring cut off of me. So I went home and weighed myself to discover I had hit a weight I had never been before (not including pregnancy) and I flipped! Now I have to have my rings all resized because I've dropped over 20 pounds but I think I will wait until I lose a little more so I don't have to keep doing it :)
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Haha! That's a great side effect! Hopefully you'll find it!

Just last night, I was walking up the stairs in my pajamas (with both arms full of stuff) and by the time I got to the top, the bottoms had fallen down because they were too big! But I'm not complaining! :tongue:
  • trent_sluiter
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! I'm sure I'll find it soon...Hopefully! I'm not sure if I can get mine resized because of the designs on it, much like your case erickirb so that is some really good advice! I forgot how uncomfortable the engagement ring is to wear! Oh well!
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When I lost 30 pounds I got out of my truck brought my arm up and my wedding ring flew off in the snow.....I was so upset I stayed out in the cold digging for an hour and then gave up thinking I wouldn't find it til the spring. My husband is so sweet though he filled a huge plastic tub full of snow from that area and brought it inside to melt. He actually got my ring in the first one but would have melted all the snow in our yard looking for it for me. lol I had it sized down 2 sizes right after and then wore it for a while but now its too big again so I have it tucked away safe and sound until I'm down to my goal weight.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it will turn up! So when it does go to a cheapy jewelry store, like Claire's. I bought a pack of different plastic sizers for around $5. They won't scratch your ring like some metal sizers will. It is a good cheap safety investment to use until you want/have to have your ring sized.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's totally behind your headboard. Seriously.
    If you have floor vents back there, check them too!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    My fingers are smaller too.
    My engagement ring is more loose than my wedding band so I moved it to the inside so it won't slip off. It's always spinning around on my finger.

I hope you are able to locate your wedding ring when you get home from work.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    All my rings needed to be sized. My middle finger went from a size 9 to a size 6 now. My ring finger went from a size 7 to a size 5. Love it!!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yes I noticed that, its quite great, a normal ring though used to only fit on my baby finger then it moved to my finger beside it, now it can fit my middle finger and thumb and be alittle loose.

Remember one time having to get it cut off, that broke my heart (i got it repaired) but i think it mainly hurt cause it made me realised i gained alot of weight without really noticing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!