so out of shape!

ashcky
ashcky Posts: 393 Member
I cannot seem to get through level one of 30 day shred. I'm on day 14 and I feel like ill never get to level two. I hate being out of shape! I can't wait until the day that changes. I can't seem to get through the first circuit cardio and second circuit strength without stopping a lot.

Replies

• ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    stick with it! You'll get there!!
  • hisbeautifulangel
    hisbeautifulangel Posts: 91 Member
    Keep at it you will improve! When I started out exercising I couldn't jog more than 30 sec, couldn't do a single sit-up or push-up. I pushed myself every time where now I can jog for 30 min, 30 push-ups and can do 60 sit-ups. I push myself everyday to do better. Keep at it and you will go far!
  • strikermiz
    strikermiz Posts: 34 Member
    You can do it! It's hard. But, you will get there when you are ready. I find that I need to mentally set goals for myself in order to see improvement. Since her program is a length of time instead of reps I make my own reps. I count how many I can do then try to beat it the next time before stopping to rest. So if today I did 14 jumping jacks before stopping, tomorrow I would push myself to do at least 15. Then 16 the next day.

Keep going. You will get there!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Maybe that's not your thing. Try a different video, or running or weight lifting, etc.
  • ashcky
    Thank you guys. I'm not about to give up, my impatience is just kicking in. Lol
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Have you done 14 days of the workout, not counting the days off? If so, move up. Do the best you can at first because you WILL get better as you do each day of the new level. You can always repeat the video, but keep pushing yourself to do more than yesterday! This is for you, not Jillian.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Are you taking rest days? Try taking every third day to rest, an important component in building strength, and even endurance.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    I'm doing her Body Revolution right now and have one more week until I finish. Day one, I couldn't do anything but hop around and hope my random movements resembled a fair approximation of hers. I could have quit that day because I puked afterward. (I HATE puking!) But, I got up and did day 2 and 3 and 4 and now I'm on day 103 (I took two weeks to do Les Mills Combat for core strength) and I am doing (sloppy) burpees, mountain climbers, high kicks, hops, jumps, skips...I'm not graceful, but I'm doing it!

It is gratifying to look at my before pictures and my current pictures and see the HUGE difference in my physique. It's worth it. Every single bit of it. Hang in there! Tomorrow will be better than today and the day after will be even better. You're getting stronger and healthier. The rest will come!
  • ashcky
    Yes I take rest days. I've taken the weekends off since starting. I watched level two today and I plan on attempting it Monday.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    I'm doing her Body Revolution right now and have one more week until I finish. Day one, I couldn't do anything but hop around and hope my random movements resembled a fair approximation of hers. I could have quit that day because I puked afterward. (I HATE puking!) But, I got up and did day 2 and 3 and 4 and now I'm on day 103 (I took two weeks to do Les Mills Combat for core strength) and I am doing (sloppy) burpees, mountain climbers, high kicks, hops, jumps, skips...I'm not graceful, but I'm doing it!

It is gratifying to look at my before pictures and my current pictures and see the HUGE difference in my physique. It's worth it. Every single bit of it. Hang in there! Tomorrow will be better than today and the day after will be even better. You're getting stronger and healthier. The rest will come!

Awesome work! That is how I approach each new, difficult work out. I just do the best I can and move on. I am not a fitness model, I am just an average female who is looking to improve herself. Anything I do toward that goal is in the BONUS column. That is how we get stronger and better. Yay!
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    stick with it and it will get easier...my first step video (step reebok - I know that is going back a bit!) I used to do years and years ago I could only do about 10 Minutes and then had to have a rest, this was almost 20 years ago and I was a heavy smoker at the time...

I quit the *kitten* and have come a long way since then, even played icehockey for about 12 years in goal (and that is a physical sport!).... now in my early 40's, I exercise about 6 days a week on average, it is a very big part of my life.....
  • mkgr3gory
    mkgr3gory Posts: 18
    I'm glad to have read this thread. I'm in the same boat, this morning I was thinking that I can see how easy it would be to quit, being frustrated all the time, but reading everyone's comments makes me want to keep going. I will never look as good doing the exercises as the people on tv but as long as I'm doing them, it's got to be a good thing!
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    I just wanted to add that you shouldn't be afraid to hit the "pause" button when you're doing your workout. Pause it, catch your breath, and then start up again. It should also be noted that I burn around 560 calories per workout doing this. I can push each one harder when I give it a 30 second rest in between exercises.

I would post pics, but A) they're taken in my undies and B) no clue how to insert them into my post. lol

Also:
    I will never look as good doing the exercises as the people on tv but as long as I'm doing them, it's got to be a good thing!

Yes, it's a great thing we are doing! Regarding the folks on the tv, though: do you think they started out looking like that? They started out just like us! So in the words of Harry Potter "If they could do it, why can't we?"
  • a182pilot
    a182pilot Posts: 10 Member
    Hang in there, remember it's a journey not a sprint. Shred wasn't my thing and I tried several different things until I found what worked for me. You'll get there.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Mostly everyone here started out in bad shape. Just stick with it and keep trying. You will get there!