First NSV: 3 Mile Break Through!

Options
I have been on this journey since 2012 and lost a good bit of weight that first summer! Then life happened and I managed to gain 15 lbs of it back :cry: We finally got settled into a new place and I was so excited because they had sidewalks and a gym not too far!! So in December I started back trying to get back to where I was and finally get to my goal! Running has always been a great excercise for me. Ive never been great at it but I really enjoyed it! This morning I hit the side walk but decided not to turn my C25K on but just go! I wanted to see how far I could go if I just RAN! So I did a very short warm up and this started my run! There were times where I had to tell my head to slow down my breathing but over all it was a huge success!!

I ran 3 miles in under 40 minutes!! This may seem slow to some of you but for me Im super proud! We live outside of Atlanta GA so the hills here are crazy steep! LOL!

This is my first time posting a NSV or on a message board period...just had to get it out there!! I am becoming a runner!!! And I love ever painful and sweaty minute of it!

Replies

• toomanireasons
    Options
    WTG ! Your NSV has inspired me today! I have to be a walker as I had knee issues with high school basketball ( years ago). I have always admired runners, I can see how freeing and powerful and euphoric it must feel like ! Great Job, I will be waiting to hear where you go from here !
  • MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I really loved reading your post - I've been on a very similar journey myself in terms of health and fitness. And funnily enough, I too decided to get out and run today, just to see how much my energy levels and endurance has improved since I began getting serious about getting fit. I was shocked to find I could run just over 2.5miles without stopping. It was hard, but that little voice in my head was cheering me along the whole time and by the time I'd finished my circuit and got back to my house, I was grinning from ear to ear. What an amazing feeling!

Congratulations on your success - you should be so proud. It's little triumphs like this that spur you on. I wish you every success in reaching your goals - woohoo!!!
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Way to go! What a nice surprise. :drinker:
  • girlschmoopie
    girlschmoopie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Way to go. That is a great NSV. Keep up the good work.
  • gr8tfulmomof2
    gr8tfulmomof2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I have read so many of these in the last couple of years I hope I can encourage someone else (including myself) to just keep going!! Do what you love and you will do more of it!!
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Keep it up.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You should be proud - brilliant!
  • gr8tfulmomof2
    Options
    Just an update for those of you that wanted to know! I completed the race this morning!! Ran the entire time with NO walking! And I did it in 34.27 minutes!!! I felt amazing and can not wait to see how far I can push this body of mine!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!! I am looking at doing a couple 5ks this summer..kind of excited about it!
  • gr8tfulmomof2
    Options
    You should!! The feeling of accomplishmentis amazing and will push you to do more!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!