High protein sweet breakfasts around 300-400 calories?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I like sweet breakfasts, but I'm getting bored with my regular stuff (pretty much oatmeal with protein powder, protein pancakes, sometimes overnight oats but those don't fill me up much for some reason)... Ideas?

Replies

• volatiledreams
    Options
    I'm sorry, high protein wise i can only think of the banana-egg white pancakes with peanut butter. maybe greek yoghurt with peanut butter and some fruit? or a smoothie/shake with protein powder? i'm no good on breakfasts because i'm terrible at having them myself
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I make cinnamon rolls from the package things. Cinnabon kind for my daughter as a treat. Don't know how many calories in then since I don't eat breakfast.

Eta prolly not high protein either. Sorry
  • jazzcatastrophe
    jazzcatastrophe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fruit or peanut butter (or pb2) or maybe tamagoyaki? It's a kind of sweet japanese omelette with sugar and a little soy sauce mixed into the egg
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Sorry, I'm an eggs and bacon kind of breakfast girl. I get my sweet with my coffee. Sugar Free sweet Italian cream coffee creamer.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I like to make a high protein homemade granola and then pair it with greek yogurt. You can even make it parfait style with some jam or berries (or nutella, PB, whatever) layered in it.

Another option is this recipe that I really love http://www.sprint2thetable.com/2012/07/tiramisu-protein-parfait/ It is incredible. Use fresh orange zest and juice to make it super yum and don't skip the almond flavouring,

The Snickers Protein Shake on Dashing Dish is my favourite protein shake. It's delicious.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    French toast w/ your favourite protein powder.

Although you must have bacon and maple syrup with French toast. And strawberries.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and fruit. :) I have also added the PB2 (with Chocolate) and it is YUM!!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has an Almond Pastry, 2oz serving has 230 cals, 6g protein, 24 carbs, 14 fat. Combine that with a lo-carb protein drink and a hot drink sweetened with stevia, would make a nice breakfast!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I would say greek yogurt or cottage cheese and fruit?
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My fave - half a toasted bagel, covered with 1 tbl. peanut butter and sliced strawberries.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat cinnamon toast with peanut butter and bananas is SO good.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Another option is this recipe that I really love http://www.sprint2thetable.com/2012/07/tiramisu-protein-parfait/ It is incredible. Use fresh orange zest and juice to make it super yum and don't skip the almond flavouring,

Now that's what I'm talking about, lol! Although I don't use coffee, so I don't know how it would work.

I like French toast - but where do you put the protein powder?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

Now that's what I'm talking about, lol! Although I don't use coffee, so I don't know how it would work.

omg seriously that parfait looks yummy gotta try that! I guess the protein powder would get mixed in with the egg for the french toast - maybe whip it up with the blender or bullet to make sure it's thoroughly mixed in?
  • HappyStack
    Options

Mix it with the eggs and the milk, but only use a half scoop because it acts as a thickener.

Some people only use egg whites, some people (guilty) use whole eggs.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I'll definitely give it a shot. That sounds good.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Search the bald fitman. He has amazing pancakes made with healthy ingredients, high in protein !
  • HappyStack
    Options
    I found a recipe - http://runeatrepeat.com/2012/04/04/protein-packed-french-toast-recipe/

Might make it easier to follow.