Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Water weight from Chinese or new muscle?

I went out with my cousin and ate a modest (I promise) chinese buffet on Wednesday night. Knowing that I usually get some water weight from this, I tried avoided most of the stir-fry & fried foods. When I was up 2 pounds the next morning, I wasn't surprised. However, that 2 pounds is still with me, 4 days later. I usually only retain for 24 hours. I haven't cheated, and have upped my cardio since then. I read on a different forum that new muscle or sore muscle can retain water. I am pretty sore, and I've stayed away from sodium since that night. Does anyone know what's going on or have any suggestions?

Replies

• HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    It could be a multitude of things, but if all you're doing is cardio and you're in a calorie deficit let's not pretend you're building muscle.

It might be water weight, that can hang around for a while... and it's best not to weigh yourself too frequently because you can get in your own head about slight artificial increases in weight. It's hard to make any genuine guesses without your diary being open.
  • nikkihouston6510
    nikkihouston6510 Posts: 2 Member
    I think I just wasn't being patient enough. I dropped 5.8 lb in the next few days after this post. I've just got to keep my head in the game, even when I have an off few days.