Frustrated need advice!

Hey everyone, I need some advice!

The last week I have steadily been gaining weight, anywhere from .2 to 2 pounds a day! I kept my Motivation going by telling myself it was water weight as I have been eating great and working out! Finally, yesterday morning I woke up to a 4 pound loose, then this morning back up 3.4??? I am so frustrated! My diary is open, I'll take any advice! I thought about increasing my calories but already struggle to get in what I am! Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Weight fluctuation is normal for everybody. Relax.
  • arobes
    arobes Posts: 6 Member
    I realize fluctuating is normal? But 4 pounds?? Also I'm eating in my calorie range to loose weight and that's not happening!
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    3 to 4 lbs sounds extreme. It may be the scale not functioning consistently. Unless you've been weighing yourself at a different time of day from day to day. That can cause various readings.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    I realize fluctuating is normal? But 4 pounds?? Also I'm eating in my calorie range to loose weight and that's not happening!

Yes. Four pounds is normal.
    You said that you have been gaining for a week, which is not a long time in the grand scheme of things. Keep doing what you are doing and be patient. If you have not had a loss at all after 6-8 weeks, then re-evaluate.
  • wshultz14
    wshultz14 Posts: 63 Member
    Watch your salt intake... There is so much hidden salt in the foods we buy. If you are not cooking from scratch, where salt consumption can more easily be controlled, you may find that table salt, and hidden salt is helping you retain water.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    I know this may sound a bit silly or even odd...but change the battery in your scale. Both my food and weight scales go wacko and weigh me and food heavier when they are about to die.

I disagree with those who say a four pound weight fluctuation is normal. One to two pounds yes normal.
  • arobes
    arobes Posts: 6 Member
    I stay away from anything processed 99% of the time! I have the odd day where I go over on my sodium, but usually I am under! So would you all suggest I just continue doing what I'm doing or should I try and increase my calories! My goal is 1470 but I usually net around 1200!
    Also, my scale has a brand new battery :)
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    I can only see your diary, not your profile - have you recently changed your exercise routine?

I see a 4lb fluctuation occasionally (yes, overnight!) but those are the days I drink a lot of soda and not a lot of water, so sodium is the obvious culprit...sometimes it takes a week or two to even itself out though.

Your ticker says you've lost almost 60lbs already - have you always weighed daily? If you have, you should know what "normal" is for you with fluctuations...

If your scale is not going nuts, then I'd say you've changed something - every time I change my exercise routine up, I see a spike of 3-5lbs for a couple of weeks.

Or...maybe you need to eat more. When I hit the 60lb mark, I could no longer lose on 1200/day. I maintained or gained when I ate that little.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    How often are you weighing yourself? Are you still losing inches? Are you recording measurements?

Are you nearing that time of the month?
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    I think you would benefit from this picture and text..... http://getfittogethot.tumblr.com/post/78156221053/outrunmyself-loveyourselfcompletely
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    This DOES happen. Ride it out, you'll be fine. :)
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Body weight fluctionation is normal for me. Depending on how much I eat and drink it can be a 10lb swing in a single day. That said, my experience with female athletes is not only do they have the normal body fluctuation that men do, based on food and fluid intake/expel, etc... but they have a monthly cycle and hormone changes that will contribute to water retention, etc... and thus impact weight. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the scale being my main reference for progress. I rely on calipers as my main reference. But, all tools to help. What's important is how you're trending over time. good luck!