Measurements, where do you lose first?

Options
krennie8
krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
I'm curious where everyone else loses from first. I just measured myself after 2 weeks (rather short I know) and pretty much everything is the same except my waist, bust, and upper arms are all 1" smaller. Everything else (including underbust & stomach) is exactly the same which seems weird. Not that I've lost a ton (this is 2 lbs in 2 weeks).

Replies

• donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I first noticed weight loss in my legs and then bust. The stomach weight is the last hold out for me!:sad:
  • infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Since I've started my weight loss I've lost 5.5 inches around the smallest part of my waist. In my hips only 2 inches and my upper arms nothing. So def around my waist is where I lose first.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    First measurement I lost only from my waist, second month 2 iches from hips only. Now month 3 everything seems to be getting smaller more evenly, 11 inches total in 66 days :)
  • JonSSher
    JonSSher Posts: 1
    Options
    I haven't focused on my measurements. My waist has not shrunk in over 20 lbs but the good news is that my neck is down and my hips are down. I go by what size pant I wear. I was at a 40 now 36 even though my waist at my belly button is 40 inches. I have 30 more lbs to go and I am sure that that will be the last thing to shrink.
  • thatpixichick
    thatpixichick Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thigh and hip area, as well as waist :) My most stubborn is my upper arms, always the last thing to go!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My waist. And the last place is my tummy, still working on that!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I seem to lose weight below the hips first, then above the neck (sort of glad that my extra chins are shrinking :bigsmile: I won't miss them AT ALL!). My belly, which REALLY needs to shrink, is always the last to go. :sad:
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I guess my shins/calves. I'm morbidly obese and have tone and definition and they are firm as a rock. Is that weird?
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Thighs and calves first. Not as much as I would like, but a little off my hips and butt. Tummy, bust and upper arms haven't moved yet.
  • truetarot1988
    truetarot1988 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My butt went first, I've lost about 8 lbs. (very slow at losing due to soda). My starting pic and the one I took 2 days ago weird me out. By looking at them, I seem to have a smaller butt, but my belly seems BIGGER. I'm hoping next month will be better.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I tend to both lose and gain weight pretty proportionately. I've lost 1 inch from both my hips and my waist, and unfortunately also from my bust. My stomach tends to stay flat, I just get wider, and my butt and bust get bigger (or smaller, if I lose). Most of my family is like that, I think it's a Latin thing.
  • pMauzeh
    pMauzeh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I lost 5inches from my waste first and I think my bust is a bit smaller, not for sure tho as I didn't measure it i feel like my middles area hips/butt and tummy are gonna be more stubborn x
  • shmeganrose
    shmeganrose Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The last place I gained is always the first place I lose. My top half thins out first and my stubborn weight, on my bottom half, is always the last to go.It doesn't matter what exercise or change in diet I do, this is always the case with me. I am a pear shape though-and I know this about my body. Your body shape will probably determine some of where you see it first.
  • ClaudiaTheNice
    Options
    My neck and ribs. Which sucked, because I carry most of my weight in my stomach, bottom and thighs. So I didn't have that much weight to lose around my ribs to begin with.

The first person who commented on my weight loss did so by poking me in the ribs and saying loudly 'I can count your ribs!' I hadn't even lost that much weight, like 7lbs and was still in the obese category.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I lost first in my thighs and upper body. I'm a top-heavy female, so I had a lot to lose up there, lol. I'm still fairly busty even with all that I've lost, and I lost eight inches off my band size.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 7 lb total, but I've lost almost 3 inches from my waist and hips

I've lost one inch from my thighs

My Hips/waist lose first, my thighs/arms lose last. But, I do think I'm lucky to have a pretty even fat distribution all over my body. No area is waaaaay bigger than another.
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My waist, the first 4lbs I lost also took 3 inches off my waist, it settled down and became more even after that.
    It's always my bum and thighs last.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It depends on your shape.... I am a pear, so I hang onto the fat around my thighs and butt, and lose my boobs first. :-(