I need help about the Calories and Exercise. Please

I'm having trouble understanding all of this. I don't know if I'm doing it right. Today I consumed 1173 Calories and burned 272 ... Am I suppose to keep eating until I reach 1200 in order to achieve my weight loss?

I don't see how me eating a lot more than I actually do will help me lose any weight.

Please help.

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    If you're doing the weight loss thing with MFP then yes. Keep eating until you reach your goal. You should be "netting" your goal by eating your exercise calories back. I got tired, cold, cranky, have bad reactions like hair shedding and dry skin, and couldn't put as much energy into my workouts as I would like when I didn't eat mine back. Sometimes people eat them back, sometimes not, sometimes they'll eat a percentage back. It all depends on how you feel. Listen to your body. Personally, I would eat them back.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    The number MPF tells you to eat has your desired weight loss already built into it depending on how much per week you told it you wanted to lose. Check out the pinned topics at the top of the "getting started" section. There is an amazing treasure trove of wisdom and experience there.
  • VKali
    VKali Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you so much for your feed back. I wasn't sure. Thank you thank you thank you. :happy: