exercising daily but not losing weight :(

Options
Hi everyone! I am 4 months post partum now…. at 120 pounds (i'm like 5'1) and I need to get back to 105. ( I was 162 when I gave birth and the weight slowly came off but I think that was because I had a lot of water retention). I went from 162 to 125 without exercise. November and December)
Anyway, the last few pounds have been very stubborn and I have lost about 5 pounds… this is WITH exercise.

I have started exercising daily but am not seeing a big decrease in the scale… I lost maybe half a pound since last week and I am eating my best.

I exercise monday-friday but its getting disappointing seeing no change in the scale (nor in my measurements).
I am on Day 7 of Level 2 30 day shred.. I have lost no weight on this level… It seems level 1 was better for me because I did see a change there.
Am I eating too much? too little? When i'm not breast-feeding it says I need to eat 1200 calories to lose weight.. When I did that I wasn't really losing weight though.
I have been adding 300-400 calories (exercise) daily for the breastfeeding but that makes my net drop really low… and I am eating to hunger. Last week I was eating in a 'diet' like way and that didn't seem to help.

Can anyone offer advice? Remember that I'm short so 1200 probably isn't too low for me but then to factor in the breasteeding i'm not sure what I should be eating.
I'm scared if I eat too much I will start to gain weight but I had more luck when I wasn't counting calories.
The reason my net calories looks so low is because I am adding in the breastfeeding calories.

I was hoping to lose at least 1 kg a week… (thats not happening… i'd be lucky if i lose 1 kg every 2 weeks)

My normal weight that my body settles down to is around 105 (even with breastfeeding)

would love some advice

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Well, with only 15 pounds left to lose 1/2 pound per week is actually exactly where you want to be. Congratulations on your loss so far!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Well, with only 15 pounds left to lose 1/2 pound per week is actually exactly where you want to be. Congratulations on your loss so far!

Basically this. 1kg a week is for people who are really overweight and have loads of weight to lose, you're not going to get that with only 15lbs to lose.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Yup, what they said. You're actually right on track, if not doing better than expected with 1k every 2 weeks.

For breastfeeding calories, please talk to your OB/GYN on this to make sure. Need to make sure that baby is getting what he/she needs and random people on the internet are the best source for medical info.
  • ladycadaverous
    ladycadaverous Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lol...random people are NOT the best for advice she meant im sure. I don't mean to be mean by correcting you and Im sorry. I just want to make sure you get it because that NOT is very important here. No worries I hope. But it does sound like your on track. I agree that you may want to talk to your doc to make sure your eating enough for you and that bundle of joy:) Lots of luck:)
  • hillarayray
    Options
    It gets tougher the closer you get. You have to switch up your workout routine....workout more, etc, and confuse your body. I've found recently that some days I'll eat over my calorie limit and then other days eat under and it confuses my body making me lose more weight in the end.
  • myztic
    myztic Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well I increased my calories (net) to around 1600-1800 and I gained two pounds in four days. Not sure how that was possible but I'm so down about it... I have lost all motivation.
  • stewarthaus4
    Options
    When I hit a plateau I got myself a Heart rate monitor(Polar FT4) and a food scale that way I could be exact with my numbers. I'm not sure if you have either of these but I would recommend buying them. I hope this helps
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Well I increased my calories (net) to around 1600-1800 and I gained two pounds in four days. Not sure how that was possible but I'm so down about it... I have lost all motivation.
    you didn't gain 2 lbs in 4 days, so don't be all upset about it.

You do realize that the body fluctuates all the time, right? You know water retention? Poop?
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Thats all water. You can't gain fat that fast unless you ate 7000 calories extra. So don't worry! It'll drop off just as quickly :)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Figure out what you need to maintain your weight for your height (try a TDEE calculator) and add about 300 calories for breastfeeding to this. Then subtract a 10% and this is what you should be aiming at to slowly lose the weight. 1 lb every couple of weeks is a very reasonable goal at this point for you.