need friends, support, motivation...

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Amanda, I'm 5*3 or 5*4 and started the beginning of February at 174lbs. I am taking phentermine, and lost 7 lbs in the first two weeks, but have stayed at 166 since. I have been drinking premier protein rtd shakes for breakfast and lunch, and baked fish with steamed veggies for dinner, snacking on nuts and seeds. I've been doing 45-60 mins of cardio 5x week, with a bit of handweights and squats and whatnot mixed in. I'm starting to lose my motivation since the scale stopped budging. Any ideas, advice, or words of inspiration? Thanks!

Replies

• booradley30
    booradley30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm also 5.3 and started MFP in January at 181, and was doing really well, and lost 6lbs in 4 weeks, and 4 inches around my belly. I was feeling great and went for a weekend away feeling confident and since then I have gone back to my old ways, and piled the weight back on. I'm currently 178, but want to lose 10lbs in the next 6 weeks before my holiday. My biggest problem in motivation. I just cannot stick to it.

I too would welcome any advice and support.

Welcome friend requests.
  • twharmony
    Options
    mangolady, dont stop. keep working out like you are doing. maybe your body just hit a slump and everyone has gone or will go through that at some point. try extending how long you work out or do more reps. increase intensity or something. you can do it. just think about how good you'll feel and look once you break through that slump. you will feel powerful and thats a great feeling
  • Yazza2
    Yazza2 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hello,

I would suggest you change up your diet..

A boring diet like the one you've described will easily get rid of motivation..

If you want more specific advise let me know :)
  • xJillyFromPhillyx
    Options
    Hi :) Everyone feel free to add me! I'm SUPER interactive so if you're looking for someone to constantly comment and talk, I'm your girl :)