Do you have a favorite gym, workout?

Options
I just recently joined a gym and love it! I was at one before and had to quit cause it was costing to much! I joined PF last month, they also off free training! Tredmills my fav since I do love to walk alot! This cold weather limits me on stuff and triggers my asthma, can't wait till summer! I will also ride the bikes then do some crunches! Want to learn other things sometime down the road, but for now I'm slowly starting out again! Would like to hear some of your stories! :smile:

Replies

• bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym for the first time in my life, It has been really enjoyable for me. I am 60, obese, and out of shape but I feel comfortable at Planet Fitness, it really is a no judgement place to get healthy
  • ftknocker
    ftknocker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    that's how i felt when i went there too! the first one i joined i really hated going by myself! yes its nicer when a friend goes with but can't always have the same schedule as them so i go alone at time! the price is awesome too, makes it easier for us obese people to afford! now if they can only make all the healthy foods affordable! :) hope everything is working out great for you! :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I love to lift and I can't do that at PF. So I go to Retro Fitness. :bigsmile:
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I use to love kick-boxing and yoga. Once I lose enough I'll begin yoga again.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    My favorite gym is My Basement! I've got a olympic barbell, plates, a bench, etc. There's also a treadmill I use to warm up a little.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    My favorite gym is the YMCA, even though I also have a gym at work. My favorite workout is yoga. Unfortunately, for a few weeks, my schedule was such that I couldn't make it to a class. But I had the week-end off, so I am doing yoga three days in a row. I do power yoga and on Sunday afternoons, a nice gentle class to start the week. Some of the Power Yoga classes work on core strength and upper body, using your own body to build strength; it's as good as using weights. I also do a stationary bike after my class is over, but it's boring unless I have one with a TV on it. When the weather improves, my favorite workout is walking.