2nd week here.

Options
Hi all,
I have made the decision to be healthier and fitter and lose weight in the process. Four years ago my life changed dramatically and I lost two stone very easily due to stress, which was good but then for the last two years I plateaued nothing seemed to shift it.I found this frustrating as I was trying so hard, to the point I actually caused injury to myself exercising, it became an obsession of weighing myself and cutting back food then binging , a viscious cycle was born. Exercising had to stop due to my injury and stayed at the same weight until this year. Beginning of Jan I made my decision and paid attention to my portion sizes, following the hairy bikers cookbooks (their diet ones) and for the first time in a long time I lost six pounds. My boss told me about this site and I have been here two weeks and have learnt so much already. The first week was a struggle as I found I was eating under what I was supposed to and I made myself eat the extra calories and hey presto another two pound lost. I feel I am finding my stride now with regards to my diet and feel that it is now a healthier and more balanced diet. I am enjoying logging and keeping track and have managed to include a small amount of exercise in as well with out causing myself too much pain. I am going to start back at my local gym next week and see how I get on. I am determined to keep this change of lifestyle going and feel better about myself. I feel emotionally ready to deal with this now and not beat myself up about any setbacks that I may have. I am enjoying reading the forums and I wish everyone the best of success for their goals.

Replies

• sandracreynolds
    sandracreynolds Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :smile: Friend request
  • DrGM42
    DrGM42 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. If you need someone in your corner, feel free to add me.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Sounds like you are ready. My friend urged me to diet with her but I was not ready . Now that I have found this site, I feel I can do anything AND SO CAN YOU....
  • LishaAG
    LishaAG Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!! We all will reach or goals together!!
  • xJillyFromPhillyx
    Options
    All welcomed to friend me :) I am SUPER interactive and I love people who want to chat.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have made the decision to be healthier and fitter and lose weight in the process. Four years ago my life changed dramatically and I lost two stone very easily due to stress, which was good but then for the last two years I plateaued nothing seemed to shift it.I found this frustrating as I was trying so hard, to the point I actually caused injury to myself exercising, it became an obsession of weighing myself and cutting back food then binging , a viscious cycle was born. Exercising had to stop due to my injury and stayed at the same weight until this year. Beginning of Jan I made my decision and paid attention to my portion sizes, following the hairy bikers cookbooks (their diet ones) and for the first time in a long time I lost six pounds. My boss told me about this site and I have been here two weeks and have learnt so much already. The first week was a struggle as I found I was eating under what I was supposed to and I made myself eat the extra calories and hey presto another two pound lost. I feel I am finding my stride now with regards to my diet and feel that it is now a healthier and more balanced diet. I am enjoying logging and keeping track and have managed to include a small amount of exercise in as well with out causing myself too much pain. I am going to start back at my local gym next week and see how I get on. I am determined to keep this change of lifestyle going and feel better about myself. I feel emotionally ready to deal with this now and not beat myself up about any setbacks that I may have. I am enjoying reading the forums and I wish everyone the best of success for their goals.

Hi: I agree that MFP offers a lot of amazing tools to help with the journey towards healthiness.

What has worked for me so far:

a) honestly and completely logging everything I put in my mouth. This was hard at first.

b) Weighing only weekly (this prevents the problems of weighing daily. If I weigh daily and I'm down, I give myself permission to eat more. If I'm up, I can use it as an excuse to give up and start eating. Weighing weekly gets rid of the daily fluctuations and allows a true trend to show up.)

c) fellowship and interaction with other fellow-travellers. I am constantly inspired by and buoyed up by my friends here on MFP and in my real-world weight loss group. I can't do it alone.

I sent you a friend request as well, if you want to listen to the ramblings of another person on the same road as you.

FTW
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    MFP is an amazing tool, wish you good luck, strenght and passion in your new life style ! x