how do you up your protein?

Options
Ineed to up my protein in take. Any ideas?

Eat a little fish and prawns (but they're expensive)
Eat chicken, cheese. No other meats.

I use protein shake once per day. However in order to keep full would prefer dense protein. Thanks.

Replies

• corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I eat a looot of eggs, quinoa, cheese, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, beans, leafy greens, and a protein shake after each workout. I'm sure I get more from other sources but I cant think of them right now.
  • CDogg17
    CDogg17 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have fallen in love with cottage cheese. It's my go to snack now. Lots of protein. Also, I add a Quest bar as an after dinner snack. High protein, low net carbs, lots of fiber, low sugar, yummy and they take forever to eat!
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great thanks, I forgot about cottage cheese. I have a love/hate cycle with it. Currently I'm hating it because I ate so much of it, but I went through a phase when I loved it. I think I need to find a nice thick one that isn't too watery. Yummmm...

I loved the Cottage Cheese I was able to buy when I lived in France - thick and yummy.

Prey tell, what is a Quest Bar?
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    an expensive but worth it if you have the money protein bar.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs, portion-controlled nuts & cheese, yogurt (I eat it for dessert), peanut butter & celery or apple, hummus & veggies…
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Great thanks, I forgot about cottage cheese. I have a love/hate cycle with it. Currently I'm hating it because I ate so much of it, but I went through a phase when I loved it. I think I need to find a nice thick one that isn't too watery. Yummmm...

I loved the Cottage Cheese I was able to buy when I lived in France - thick and yummy.

Try Kemp Greek Cottage Cheese. It is really think. The taste is a cross of greek yogurt & cottage cheese. They have pineapple, dill & plain.
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options

Try Kemp Greek Cottage Cheese. It is really think. The taste is a cross of greek yogurt & cottage cheese. They have pineapple, dill & plain.

Thanks. Been on their website, the cottage cheese looks just the business, but it's freaking American :-(

Need to start my search again, looks so tasty too, just like the Danone cottage cheese I used to buy.