Need Online friends for weightloss motivation

Options
I have struggled with weight issues my entire life. Twice in my life i have been able to give up my social life , diet and exercise and lose some weight that made me look better, but setbacks during the training made me stop and i gained the weight back:(. Trying this new method of combination of myfitnesspal and bodybug link this time. Need motivation from friends and ideas as to how to balance social life on the weekends and weight loss. I do great Monday to Friday night but then the weekend disaster strikes ... I want to lose 24 pounds in the next 4 months.

Replies

• establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Diet-life balance (like work-life balance, heh) is so important to long term success! Here are some of my tips:

1. Eat a healthy breakfast if I know I'm going out to eat. For me, that means protein and healthy fats galore.
    2. Balance out an indulgent brunch with a light dinner.
    3. Healthy snacks - veggies, fruits, small portions.
    4. Don't park by the food at house parties.
    5. Order an app instead of an entree at a restaurant.
    6. If it's a weekend off (say, you're traveling), take the weekend off and enjoy it! It's a food vacation, and when it's over get right back to your regular diet.

Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • basakkks
    Options
    We can do it together ;)
  • amsharma_ak
    amsharma_ak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am so addicted to food. I can eat healthy for days, but one fine day when i have food in front of me, especially snacks like chips, nuts , fried appetizers i just cannot control myself. I have not been snacking for 6 days now and eating pretty much very healthy other than last night where i went for dinner we my wife. Had 2 glasses of wine and good food ( total around 1200 calories i think), but it was our anniversary. I hope to eat healthy rest of the weekend. The only issue is when i meet friends alcohol becomes a must.
  • xJillyFromPhillyx
    Options
    Hi :) Everyone feel free to add me! I'm SUPER interactive so if you're looking for someone to constantly comment and talk, I'm your girl :)