Fitbit

Options
Does anyone have this? I'm considering giving myself one for Christmas and would love feedback!

Replies

• kimberly428
    Options
    hmmm, interested in hear what people think...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    I have one and wear it pretty much every day.

I call it a glorified pedometer. The difference is fitbit has a website that will calculate your tdee and you can get a running count of your calories burned/steps taken via the fitbit and the website (when you're in proximity of the base which is hooked up to your computer and syncs the site with the fitbit).

I love it! When I walk or do my walking dvds, the calorie burn (which is really all I care about) is pretty close to my heart rate monitor when it isn't acting all wonky. :smile:

It's also very small and very discreet.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I have one and wear it pretty much every day.

I call it a glorified pedometer. The difference is fitbit has a website that will calculate your tdee and you can get a running count of your calories burned/steps taken via the fitbit and the website (when you're in proximity of the base which is hooked up to your computer and syncs the site with the fitbit).

I love it! When I walk or do my walking dvds, the calorie burn (which is really all I care about) is pretty close to my heart rate monitor when it isn't acting all wonky. :smile:

It's also very small and very discreet.

Have you used the sleep information function? I'm really interested in that aspect.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

Have you used the sleep information function? I'm really interested in that aspect.

I did once. I'm pretty sure I woke up during the night way more than it said but I also probably needed to change my sleep sensitivity to...er...sensitive. :smile:
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I have one, I love it.
    It has shown me I needed to get walking more. The last couple of days I've gotten in my 10k steps just in everyday activity. I have not tried it walking for exercise yet.
    I like the sleep function. It shows I don't as quality sleep as I thought I did.