Walk @ lunch, dvds on weekends. Too little?

Options
I struggle to wake up early and exercise and I struggle to want to exercise after work. So I've been walking during my lunch breaks at work for 25-30 minutes, Tuesday through Friday. It's a very brisk walk, and with two hills (repeated 4-5 times per walk). On Saturday and Sunday (not today tho..) I typically do a 30-40 minute exercise video that incorporates strength training for upper and lower body. (Fitness Blender, Jessica Smith, Leslie Sansone).

I've lost 20 lbs so far. I feel like for now this schedule works well for me. I'm not a gym person and probably never will be. I like walking or exercising at home. Eventually want to start doing bike rides.

Replies

• asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Too little for what? What are your goals?
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Too little to lose weight and get healthy?
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Weight loss doesn't require exercise, only a calorie deficit. So the effort you are making already is more than enough to lose weight.

As for healthy I don't know because it's a subjective term. Are your blood panels fine when you go to the doctor? Can you walk without getting winded? It sounds like you're mostly doing cardio which is good for heart & lung health. I don't know how much strength training you're doing, but it's pretty important for lowering body fat percentage (so that when you've finished losing the weight you want, you're not what's called "skinny fat")

You should read through this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • JuanitaLynne
    JuanitaLynne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's working for you. Keep it up!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    It's more then what you were doing and it's working..sounds good to me!