Tall girls/guys, add me!!

Options
Looking for friends! I'm 5'10" and i'm a bit disappointed at losing or gaining 5-10 pounds and not changing in size. Any other tall folks have this problem?

Replies

• KingNitty
    KingNitty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'4 you can add me if you like
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'4" The nice thing about being tall is we can pack on an extra 10-15 pounds without it making a whit of difference.

The downside of that is by the time you do notice it's time to lose weight, there's a lot more to lose than you thought you needed, since we carry it so well.

When I joined MFP 11 months ago, I thought I'd need to lose 15 pounds. Here I am now, 60 pounds later (and lighter)!
  • cazattack2
    cazattack2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a plus when I gain weight, but it's hard to stay motivated when losing doesn't make a huge difference the way my short friends do!

At least we can reach things on the top shelves!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and lost 10 lbs in one month on MFP... and I haven't even tightened my belt one notch yet! Bah. I think I'm going to start taking measurements once a week of my waist, hips, thighs, and upper arms.
  • fayefaye87
    fayefaye87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 aswell. I hate that my short friends speak about weight and anything over 10st is classes as fat... Id love to be 10 st!! But I can reach things they cant and when im thinner Il look better in a full length dress :D xx
  • cjazz72
    cjazz72 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i'm 6 ft and I definitely know how hard it is to tell whether you lost or gain. Definitely use the tape measurements to really help you out. Also added you. Feel free to add me everybody
  • cazattack2
    cazattack2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yay for us tall people!!
  • blimpmerchant
    Options
    6'4, I'm guessing around 192. I've been afraid to stand on a scale! The curse of skinny fat. Noodles for arms, yet a big old spare tire!

My body moves awkward through time and space.