Cold all the time?

Options
4 weeks into my weight loss and i'm experiencing shivers, blue lips/fingernails and low body temperature most of the time, anyone else?

Replies

• One2Run
    One2Run Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Google Reynauds syndrome/disease and see if this applies to you.

No advice really, I have been freezing all winter. Losing fat doesn't help with insulation. :S
  • birdriverguy
    Options
    I lost 30 rather quickly and was cold all the time, but that changed. I've lost another 30 and feel good.
  • lynnmarie96
    lynnmarie96 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Your post worries me a little, blue lips doesn't sound good at all.. I would go to the doctors. Get well soon!
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor since your pre-weight loss visit?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    go to your doctor
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've lost a huge amount of weight and I am cold all of the time - but I don't think that it what is going on with you. I would echo the other posters and tell you to talk to your doctor
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have Raynaud's, and as far as I know, it doesn't affect the face...just the upper and lower extremities. I echo everyone else, I'd definitely get to a doctor.
  • condoleezachiapet
    Options
    I'm assuming poor circulation, but get your condition checked out. When I wasn't exercising daily, I had blue lips when walking for a prolonged period in the winter season. I haven't experienced this since I started intensive cardio.
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    see a doc immediately!

i have low blood pressure sometimes and get very cold and lathargic when it crashes but never blue ips or finger nails thats a sign of a medical problem that needs URGENT attention.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    See a doctor! I was cold for my first few months of weight loss, but I never had blue lips or fingernails. That could be a symptom of a serious problem.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I agree that blue lips and fingernails doesn't sound normal at all.

But I'm cold all the time now too.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    Like everyone else said, you need a doctor!

It's normal to feel cold due to weight loss just from the lack of insulation, and then there are the chills you can get (if you've restricted far too heavily) which are due to a suppressed metabolism. That coldness that goes down to the bone, and no amount of sweaters, curling up under blankets and sitting by the fire make you feel warm! If that's you, you do need some medical attention as it's essentially starvation.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to see a doctor.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    4 weeks into my weight loss and i'm experiencing shivers, blue lips/fingernails and low body temperature most of the time, anyone else?

4 weeks and you've lost 9kg? That's a lot of weight. Open your diary. It sounds like the first stages of starvation.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    These are cyanosis symptoms, the blue color is a sign that oxygen is lacking in your blood. See a Doctor ASAP