Anti-inflamatory diet, what the heck to eat?

Options
Lohavio
Lohavio Posts: 12 Member
My doctor can't figure out the cause of my problems because I don't have the money for all the tests. So she put me in this diet:
-no grains,
-no dairy,
-no eggs,
-no potato, tomato, eggplant, pepper,
-no red meat just white fish and chicken,
-no fruit except a little apple or a few berries,
-only olive oil
-limited legumes
-and so on!
It combines many common allergens with a ketogenic diet.

Since I still need to lose baby weight I'm using this opportunity to lose weight. But I am pressed at finding easy to make food, especially for breakfast.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• mistyloveslife
    mistyloveslife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have rheumatoid arthritis and my family doctor suggested I try an anti-inflamatory diet. I have checked out a few books from the library with diet options. It looks like a tough diet but I'm gonna try something. A guy on here told me that griding up a pineapple core (into applesauce consistancy) would help with arthritis pain. I haven't tried it yet but I have a pinapple on my shopping list for today. I'll be anxious to see any recipes etc. anyone comes up with. I

Edited because I have fat fingers. :bigsmile:
  • Lohavio
    Lohavio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There really is a difference between knowing that something that is good for you and doing it! And on this diet I'm finding out his many times a day I lick my fingers and nibble off the kids meals.
  • shmeganrose
    shmeganrose Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Some anti-inflammatory foods I eat when my auto immune disease flares up: Salmon or other fatty fish, fish oil capsules (get those omega 3s!), dark green veggies such as spinach, kale, broccoli, and collard greens, bell peppers in a variety of colors, walnuts or other nuts with omega 3's), berries, cherries, sweet potatoes, melons such as cantaloupe, bananas, and extra virgin olive oil. When I'm feeling really lousy I live on melons, bananas, and sweet taters. They are incredibly easy to digest.

Good luck! Hope you get to feeling better!
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Poultry
    Fish
    broccoli
    cauliflower
    green beans
    salads
    cucumbers
    sweet potato
    herbal tea
    carrots
    peas
    almond milk
    frozen mixed berries
    apples
    apple sauce
    celery

What you listed is pretty much my diet always. I do have chocolate and occasionally dairy. I have slipped on the dairy end quite frequently lately though and am definitely paying for it. I have to eat this way b/c of food allergies. (Take the carrots and celery off the list for me too in addition to what you have listed.) Its tough to adjust to but being hive free, pain free, and feeling better is so worth it!
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My advice is to make gradual changes. Doing all of this at once is hard and unlikely that you will stick with it.

My suggestion is to start cutting down 1-2 things off of that list at a time, stick with it for 2 weeks (or more) and then try adding it back in - IF you are sensitive to one of those items, you WILL know pretty quickly (within hours, usually) is you are sensitive to it.

If you cut it all out at once, and feel better, you will never know what were your trigger foods.

A good example is that my Celiac husband is also sensitive to milk. but not in the way most people are - he gets a morphine like reaction to it! If he is down, or in pain, drinking 1-2 glasses of milk helps him feel better! I know others who are sensitive it it (not allergic) who get joint pain within 20 minutes of drinking a glass of milk. You need to know how YOU react to these things.