My Weight Loss Success Story.

Options
TeriaShae
TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
Hello everyone. I have been getting several questions asking me how I dropped all of my weight, so I am going to share my story with everyone, all the way from the good to the bad. Here it goes...

When I was a small child, I was never considered "overweight" but I wasn't necessarily "skinny" either. When I began to approach 10 to 11 years-old, I was constantly sick so my family doctor put me on steriods regularly. I honestly believe that this was one of the things that kick-started my weight gain.
When I was about 12 to 14 years-old, I was taking steroids and I could NOT stop eating. It was safe to say that just about every single day I was binge eating at least 3 times per day.
I would always skip breakfast and this was my first problem.
Then for lunch, I always ate school lunch (now that I know, every school lunch meal has about 3,000 calories for the kids who only get to eat at school) and this was bad for me. Sometimes I would have TWO lunches at school because I was so hungry and all of the other kids would always laugh and make jokes about me.
After school was over, my dad would pick me up and I would cry everyday for him to take me to McDonald's and of course I got my way. Everyday after school I would order chicken nuggets, a large coke, and a large fries. And that was just my "snack".
Then I would eat dinner with my parents and I would have something along the line of fried pork chops, potatoes, corn, green beans, and fried cornbread. However, later that night I of course would be hungry again and have something like candy or ice cream.
I continued this routine until I was about 15 years-old.

When I approached high school, my freshman year was probably the worst year of my life. I was weighing in at about 225-230 pounds. One day, I was sitting in class and some guy said to me, how much are you weighing now close to 300 pounds? However, people would always make fun of me and ask me if I was pregnant and everything else.
Then, when the summer of my sophomore year approached, I started talking to this guy. But, he wouldn't date me because I was "obese". So, I started my weight loss journey so I could become good enough.
Every morning, I started eating Special K for breakfast, then I would always skip lunch. For dinner I would have a small chicken breast, a small PB2 sandwich, and a ton of veggies.
Sometimes at night I would also grow hungry and have a lean turkey sandwich.
I was eating about 1500 calories a day, and walking about six miles per day. With this result I was losing about 6 pounds a week.
But, it was working!
My goal weight was 140 pounds.
When I got to about 165 pounds, I finally became good enough for the guy that I was wanting. But then I realized that I didn't even want that guy! That I wanted to lose this weight for myself and no one else. That if he couldn't accept me being overweight then he had no right to accept me now.

When I started losing weight for myself, I approached 140 pounds fairly quickly.

To this day, I am still a healthy person and on my weight loss journey. I have found a guy now who loves me for who I am!
Everyday I still struggle with my food addiction and exercise. Some days are better than others.
Something I can tell everyone is that I never deprive myself. Portion-control is the main thing for me.

If you want to add me, feel free.
Also, you can message me for any questions. :)

Replies

• 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    What is your height ?
    And my Guy experience says that those who do not accept you at higher weight will not accept you at lower weight even :sad:

but you are a success story :flowerforyou:
  • Stephessor
    Stephessor Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing story that so many young ladies need to read. Congratulations for having the determination to lose the weight but, most importantly, to do it for SELF. You've learned a lesson at a young age that some people never learn in a lifetime. Way to go!
  • TeriaShae
    Options
    My height is 5'6!
  • wilkerson
    Options
    amazing work !! your are so right, you have to do it for yourself! keep up the hard work your doing great.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    This makes me so sad, because my 8 year old niece is heading down this road. She's probably 3 times the size of the other girls in her class :(. Except for her it's my mom (her grandma) that feeds her McDonald's every night, because my sister (her mom) is pretty much worthless as a parent, and grandma has her all the time and wants to BE grandma, not mom. That works once a week, but not everyday. I've tried to talk to them about what she's going to go through, if she's not already, but to McDonald's they go.

I already see the insecurities in her, and I fear for her during her high school years.
  • TeriaShae
    Options
    Bumping this.
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to choose you! :smile:
  • focus4715
    focus4715 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing story that so many young ladies need to read. Congratulations for having the determination to lose the weight but, most importantly, to do it for SELF. You've learned a lesson at a young age that some people never learn in a lifetime. Way to go!

co-sign!!! Very inspirational
  • AmandaJordan79
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats! You are definitely an inspiration!!!:smile:
  • bigbarnold
    bigbarnold Posts: 2,554 Member
    Options
    Being over weight is a very hard thing to go through in school, but now you have experienced something that could really give hope and inspiration to other young girls! I hope that you can find a way to get your story out to young girls that struggle with their weight. Awesome story and great job!
  • divjotcheema
    Options
    How long do it take you to lose that much weight?
  • Strongandhealthy1234
    Options
    Teria your story is amazing. It almost made me cry, just terrible childhood medication which you have turned around to an absolute cheer and victory. You look stunning I'd never guess you were overweight before. I have had a huge appetite during my young years too due to competitive sport and so I agree with you that portion control is key. Best luck to you.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great job sweetie!
  • ChrisC8181
    ChrisC8181 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!