1 month and 8+ lbs. lost but no obvious evidence? (photos)

Options
a month ago, I started this journey. over this time, I have been watching what I eat and have also begun going to the gym and doing cardio and weight training. I started at 181.6 and am now at 173.2. I am 5'2". I feel like for my height and weight, I should be able to see at least a small difference by now because I feel like 8 lbs. off someone my size should make at least a small but noticeable difference. Can y'all please share your opinions?

Here are my one month progress photos.

875b1506-7e5a-4575-8357-d6a627f26cf2.png
ec9889e2-62b5-4993-9b7e-edd78db9dace.png

edit: I bought this swimsuit as motivation. now I just have to get to the point that I look good in it! :)

Replies

• janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don't see a difference, but that doesn't mean you're not making progress! Soon you should feel a difference in the way your clothes fit. I'm 5'3 and didn't really see a difference until I'd lost 20 pounds. Keep it up!
  • BreatheAshley
    BreatheAshley Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for over half a year now sweetie and my first month, I didn't notice my body changing yet and you won't until much later. I am just now starting to see my new body so basically it takes time.
  • dieter1200
    dieter1200 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think there is a little less shadow under your belly. For me I noticed a change in my face at about 15 lbs down. And I didn't notice a change on my body until I was about 25 lbs down. And I'm 5'4"
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I noticed clothes fitting looser long before I saw any difference. Even now, I don't see a huge difference other than my stomach and thighs are slightly smaller. I do wish I had taken pics right when I started as I think I would notice it more.

Keep up the good work!
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would take measurements too... it provides more evidence that you're progressing.

I didn't really see it in myself until around 15-20 pounds down. People at work started commenting about that time too (I never told anyone I was trying to losing weight).
  • Kingtjr47
    Kingtjr47 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Like me and probably like most of us we did not notice the weight as we gained it. This becomes the test. Can we maintain the perseverance and desire to stay with it. The only barometer, especially early on, is the scale. You are doing really well! Keep it up. The results will eventually be noticeable. You must not give up because you do not notice dramatic results immediately. Put in perspective, after four months at this rate you will have shed 32 lbs!, I dare anyone not to see that. Good start!
  • SouthGaPeach
    SouthGaPeach Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Like me and probably like most of us we did not notice the weight as we gained it. This becomes the test. Can we maintain the perseverance and desire to stay with it. The only barometer, especially early on, is the scale. You are doing really well! Keep it up. The results will eventually be noticeable. You must not give up because you do not notice dramatic results immediately. Put in perspective, after four months at this rate you will have shed 32 lbs!, I dare anyone not to see that. Good start!

that really put things in perspective for me!
  • SouthGaPeach
    SouthGaPeach Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would take measurements too... it provides more evidence that you're progressing.

I didn't really see it in myself until around 15-20 pounds down. People at work started commenting about that time too (I never told anyone I was trying to losing weight).

I wish now that I had taken measurements to begin with. it hadn't occurred to me until well after I started but it would be very interesting to see if they were any different.
  • 24lol25
    24lol25 Posts: 49
    Options
    I can tell the difference. There is less fat around the belly and the back where they both seemed to be the worse. Either way, you're clearly improving. Keep it up! :)
  • JenGlam7
    JenGlam7 Posts: 10
    Options
    It takes time! But look closely at your shoulders, they're shrinking!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 8 pound loss! Just stay with it and you will soon notice the difference. Patience is a virtue when it comes to making a lifestyle change!
  • MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    You and I are in the same boat, I have an inch or two on you height wise, and started a little lighter than you but we've got a pretty similar loss so far.
    I wish my stomach looked as good as yours does at this weight, but I am stretch mark city. If you can't see a loss you can always do what I do, I've always had prominent ribs and so I poke and prod them to see if I can feel a difference, I also notice the other day that I can literally grab my hip bones when I lay down (I mean not the whole thing obviously but I can still grab it). When I stand up I look the same but there is less fat and more skin between me and those pesky bones so in different positions I can feel more of them.
    Progress will take time, but you've got plenty of it. Also if you're worried about not looking amazing in your new suit you could buy a higher waisted bottom.
  • Mistyvs
    Mistyvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and i didn't even change a clothing size until I had lost about 20 pounds. You'll get there! Are you doing any type of strength training?
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    When I was first here someone told me to think of it like a roll of paper towels.
    Take 5 towel off of a new roll and you don't notice a difference... take 5 towel off of a quarter of a roll... and it's a dramatic change.

Keep up with the good work! Try not to stress, just keep on keeping on.
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    I was dieting for three months before I saw a real difference. All of a sudden I was down two sizes in my jeans, which was very encouraging. Just hang in there and you'll see the changes one of these days.
  • pammypam
    pammypam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I definitely see it in your belly and a little around the upper back. Be encouraged! It takes time but it doesn't take long :)
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and started at over 215. It wasn't until I lost about 20 lbs that I started noticing small changes. You have to remember you lost 8lbs all over your body and not just in one spot. Give it time and keep up the awesome work! You will see changes! Take measurements also! We see ourselves everyday so it's like watching grass grow, changes are happening we just don't notice until it's significant. :) great job so far!
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Beautifully said.
  • stephaaniemarie
    stephaaniemarie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You'll see results in time. Unfortunately that's all there is to it - persevere and be patient.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice a difference on myself until 20 lbs lost and even then I feel like it's a small notice. just keep working at it, don't rush it...you'll eventually start to notice differences