hello everyone. want some friends!

Options
hello. name is danielle. single mom of a 6 year old boy. i want to set an example for him and get healthier for the both of us. basically everyone in my family is overweight. so i dont really have any help with them. so im looking for online friends that can help me and support me to get me through this. my goal is to weigh around 150lbs. so any starter tips would be extremely helpful. and also if you have meal plans that would be great as well!! :) thanks. feel free to add me!!!

Replies

• suzfirebird
    suzfirebird Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Susie. I am married with two kids (daughter is 7 and son is 3 1/2). I am 5'2" and started at 175lbs. I am 144lbs now and my goal is 125lbs. I have been on this journey for over a year now and work on making healthier choices and getting exercise 3 times a week. My family eats lean protein, whole grains, vegetables, fruit, and the occasionally treat. We have stopped drinking pop as of recent and drink tons of water or milk. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Daniellegmarie
    Options
    i cant wait til i reach the 10 lb mark lol. great job on the weight loss!! i will have to try and add some of your ideas to my menus! i normally only drink water at home but when i go out its bad. i dont exercise at all which really sucks. treats occassionally will be hard for my son. but he will have to get use to it. and please send any and all kid friendly recipes my way! ps: my son is PICKY! lol.
  • kavi_jaya
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Kavitha and I'm 37 years old. New, to this forum and looking for friends to join this journey with me. This time I want to it right, with healthier food choices and no excuses
  • Daniellegmarie
    Options
    sounds like a plan! hopefully with friends and support we will be sucessful
  • jerryberry1988
    Options
    Hello, Im jerry. I have a 7 year old girl and a 1 year old boy who is very active. I just joined myfitness today. I hoping to make some friends so that we can encourage each other along in this journey. I started my diet on monday. So im experimenting with food right now. This week menu consist of smoothies, salads and stir fry. Im trying to consume as much fruits and vegetable as possible so that I wont have cravings for junk. So far so good. I also have a goal to drink lots of water daily. The kids eat what i eat. When i make smoothies il just make them a sandwhich and fruit. For dinner il cook meat and a vegetable side. I started the jillian michaels 30 day shred yesterday. Feel free to add me!
  • Mo1959
    Options
    Hi my name is Mo I am 54 and want to lose 60lb. I have been on this forum before but like many times before have failed. I am determined that this time I will succeed I work 12 her nights on a 4 on 4off system so sometimes I will eat breakfast for dinner.I need some friends to motivate and support me. I live in southampton, married for 33 years end of march and have 2 grown up children and 5 grandchildren. My daughter her husband and 2 girls live with us the girls are 5 and 2 so they keep me on my toes.
  • Daniellegmarie
    Options
    i have been debating on trying smoothie recipes. but i dont have a blender. nor the money to afford a really good one at the moment. my son hates what i cook most nights. its very aggervating. hopefully i will get him more into healthy foods and not just hot dogs while i am on this journey. :P
  • Daniellegmarie
    Options
    Hi my name is Mo I am 54 and want to lose 60lb. I have been on this forum before but like many times before have failed. I am determined that this time I will succeed I work 12 her nights on a 4 on 4off system so sometimes I will eat breakfast for dinner.I need some friends to motivate and support me. I live in southampton, married for 33 years end of march and have 2 grown up children and 5 grandchildren. My daughter her husband and 2 girls live with us the girls are 5 and 2 so they keep me on my toes.

gonna start replying like this so no one gets confused. night shift. i absolutely hated night shift. thank God for people that do work nights shifts tho! so thank you. :P i will help as best as i can to motivate and support you! 5 and 2 years old? i bet your house is never quiet or empty. :)
  • laura00218
    Options
    Hey Danielle! I'm a mom of 3-- 5yrs, 2 yrs, and a 3 week old. We eat TONS of chicken in our house with the occasional red meat here and there (though I'm not a huge fan, so I tend to stick with chicken, turkey, tuna, etc). If you haven't yet, check out skinnytaste.com. It's a great site for healthy meals!
  • Daniellegmarie
    Options
    Hey Danielle! I'm a mom of 3-- 5yrs, 2 yrs, and a 3 week old. We eat TONS of chicken in our house with the occasional red meat here and there (though I'm not a huge fan, so I tend to stick with chicken, turkey, tuna, etc). If you haven't yet, check out skinnytaste.com. It's a great site for healthy meals!

ok thanks!! :) maybe i can find something for tonight on there.
  • Mo1959
    Mo1959 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Danielle
    You are right about never having a quiet house, its hectic but wouldnt change it for the world,the grandkids keep me young, but i swear i am going to kill Peppa Pig lol.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I am a mother to 4, married and my family is overweight! My mom has since lost 70pds and sadly my grandparents( both passed last year) but both were between 400-500pds I always prayed they would start losing weight but they never did! I seen first hand what that much weight did to them! I vowed to never let that happen to me! I took control and lost 119pds so far with about 50 to go! I started at 330pds!! Good luck, you got this!
  • IsaTexDesigner
    IsaTexDesigner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Im new here too, feel free to add me!
  • 24lol25
    24lol25 Posts: 49
    Options
    You can add me. Oh, and a diet tip; when you have grains make sure they have a lot if fiber. It makes the food a whole lot more filling. And spreading out food consumption during the day in smaller amounts, rather than 3 big meals makes it easy to diet as well. Also, for exercising, little things like parking at the way back when going grocery shopping, taking quick walks or a jog around the block is a start for some extra activity. I hope this helped.
  • inductiveproof
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. :happy: I like myfitness pal because it provides insight into what I eat, and how much I eat. My goal is to adopt a healthier lifestyle, and over the course of a year or two, gain some muscle mass, and maybe lose 10 pounds. I would also like to have a low sugar (under 60 grams / day), low salt (under 1,500 mg / day) and regular protein diet (40-80 grams / day). I am curious to know why some days I eat more, and other days I eat less - I find that when I plan or prepare my meals the day before is when I eat healthiest. I think having a purposeful consciousness over what I eat will give me more control over my health and my mood.

PS. You can add me.
  • JaimeH5
    JaimeH5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I sent a request!

Im newer here as well. Set this profile up while I was pregnant with my third.

I have a 10 year old, a 16 month old, and an 8 week old. Ive already dropped over 20lbs in 8 weeks, but have another 20 to go.

Feel free to add me! I find I do better with accountability and motivation so doing this with others really helps that.
  • Leopardfish1
    Leopardfish1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My name is Mark. I live in Mobile AL and I'm 48. I'm mainly out of shape but, according to medical science I do qualify as over weight. I've always been around 200-205 at 6 feet tall. The thing is that for about the 1st 4 decades of my life my BMI was always very low as I have always been a gym rat, however, the last two years I have basically sat on my butt both at work and at home.

Even though I still weighed in a week ago when I started using the Fitbit One at 203 or 204 I was really just mushy and weak. I've tried to get back into the gym over the last year but it just was so hard...I knew I had to do something because I just don't like being so puny so I decided to by the One (which seems so much more versatile than the other trackers) and, I have to say, I just love the thing! I am not only back in the gym but I'm working really very hard!

There is just something about logging meals and wanting to hit those daily goals that is really motivating. I walk the long way to get to places, I take stairs whenever possible, I think about what I'm about to eat and is it worth the calories, I've started doing the P90 exercise at home. I want to burn those calories and see them all tallied up. Same with hours of sleep!

Most of all I think about what my peers will see and how am I measuring up. It's been such a great motivational tool and worth every penny. I also am a member on the Fitbit site (of course) and Digifit for my Zephyr Heart Rate monitor in the gym. Phenomenal!

Add me to your friends list, everyone. Let's rock this thing! :-)
  • wearynurse
    wearynurse Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jade and I'm also a single mum to a 6 year old boy. I'm crazy busy working 2 jobs - thankfully no shiftwork any more but quite a few weekends when my kid is with his dad on top of my full-time Monday-Friday job. My situation sounds similar in that my son is picky and I often end up making 2 meals. I enjoy exercise and manage to fit in a little each day but I'm struggling with food, especially at night. I'm currently 80 kg (1 trying to get down to 65kg - I was always around there until I got pregnant when I started piling it on and never managed to lose it. I've been trying to lose weight for the past 6 years and failing miserably! Look forward to chatting with you all.