If there was a test to predict you death.............

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
would you take it?

Apparently it's being worked on.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/01/death-test-aims-to-predict-time-of-death/20840977/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl5|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D449353

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    Nope
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    No, and I hope it's not perfected. I can just imagine insurance companies making them mandatory before providing cover :grumble:
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    you go to aol.com?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I'd take it. I'd like to know if my days of procrastination are really worth it or not. :laugh:
  • kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    yeah I'd take a crack at it, just for laughs
  • Mugiwarah
    Mugiwarah Posts: 40
    Options
    You may predict as much as you want, but the appointed time of death will remain unknown to everybody except for God.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wonder if they will add this series of questions:

Part 1: Are you completing this test for yourself or someone else?
    (a) Myself (goto Part 2)
    (b) Someone else - Shhh don't tell them the result! If you do the goto Part 2

Part 2: Do you (or the person you are filling this test out for) tend to get stressed when you there is an upcoming deadline?
    (a) No I usually forget deadlines until way past the time they were due - Great lets go to Part 3
    (b) Yes - Oh crap for you then :-/ ... oh and us - Estimated year of death: #ISERR / #DIV!0

#DIV!0#DIV!0#DIV!0#DIV!0#DIV!0#DIV!0#DIV!0#DIV!0

Lets go with you will live for another n+1 days :)
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would fail
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    ...would I take the test- yes. Would I take notice of it or the myriad of companies trying to sell you their wonder drug blends etc... Probably not. In reality it could be useful to help people who are genuinely interested in looking to make smarter decisions for their health.
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    why not, we all die sometime, it'll just help me live my life to the fullest.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I might just for fun but I'd put no more thought into it than a horoscope (which I don't take the least bit seriously).
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I already know roughly
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    But I already know when! August 18th, 2045

http://www.deathclock.com/
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Eh, not really
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Nah. Knowledge is power. But ignorance is bliss. I'd rather be blissfully ignorant about my demise than spend the rest of my life trying to knowledgeably do everything and anything to avoid it.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'd take it. I am at an age where peers are dying. I am a total control freak. I want to know when I have to start cleaning out all my drawers and cupboards.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Nah. Knowledge is power. But ignorance is bliss. I'd rather be blissfully ignorant about my demise than spend the rest of my life trying to knowledgeably do everything and anything to avoid it.

Semi unrelated, but I literally just gave someone that exact advice yesterday in some totally different context.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    No. Life is a surprise, if you spend it counting down you take the fun and excitement out of it.

Besides even if I took it, I would wonder how accurate it is, some what is the point. And any deathclock is only going to be able to forecast your body, not all the accidents that could happen or that might play in to it.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    1654157_10202339983514352_423899864_n.jpg