Overweight to normal weight.

Options
I have 26lbs between being overweight and becoming a normal weight. at this point, how long roughly would it take to lose it? I know the heavier you are, the faster it comes off.

I know that my diary isn't the greatest (relapsed eating disorder) at the moment.

any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• Trying2Recover
    Options
    Anyone?
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    The more you have to lose the faster it can come off. The closer you get to your goal, the slower.

Consider 1% of your body weight a week to be a good goal. Usually this ends up being less than 2 pounds to start and decreases the closer you get.
  • newbeginningsbob
    newbeginningsbob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same boat. 26lbs overweight. I think if we were to lose a lb a week, it would take 6 months, 1/2 lb each week a year..

I don't know if it would be healthy to lose it at a quicker pace than 6 months to a year, but that's my own personal opinion.

Good luck!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Because you are in starvation mode, your metabolism will slow down and it will take longer for you to lose weight.

You don't say what your height and current weight is.

I belong to a women's eating disorder support group. Have you gotten counseling for your eating disorder? I would highly recommend doing so.

Best of luck! Remember you don't have to be perfect to be acceptable.
  • Trying2Recover
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3.5, 169lbs. I'm not seeing anyone but I talk & live with a nurse
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I'd like to cut about 15 lbs or so. I personally, were I you, wouldn't aim to lose more than 0.5-1 lbs per week. It really is best that way for your body, if the weight is something you want to keep off once it's gone.