Breakups are a girl's best friend...

Options
So, my tagline is fitting for me at the moment. Got dumped the day after Valentine's Day after a year by a guy who couldn't (or at least wasn't willing to) commit, out of the blue. This lifestyle change is certainly inspired by this harsh life event. I'm okay with my body and have always grown up with a heavier lineage so I am not surprised to be nearing my 20th birthday weighing 160lbs at 5'3". I was adopted, and my adoptive parents are in their 60s and very active... always have been. I aspire to live a healthier, longer life like them and feel better about my body image in the process. I have changed my diet and also started exercising. I hope to see results... I know it will be slow, but I'm hoping by summer to look more in shape for cute maxi skirts and crop tops! I'd love any motivational friends to add here and chat with... I could definitely use a bit of a "boost"! :-)

Replies

• RainbowSmiles123
    RainbowSmiles123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I have about the same to lose as you.
  • franklykathryn
    franklykathryn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • renegadebunny
    renegadebunny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    men and their issues with commitment :p

fresh out of a relationship as well (it's been 13 days to be precise), and i'm still leering.

but you know what, at the end of the day, we only need one *kitten* to survive anyway.

adding you for that boost! :) x
  • redgyrlmd
    Options
    Me and my guy finally decided to call it quits one week after vday, it was for the best. Has me looking at me and my fitness level or lack there of and it's the motivation I need. I will add you for support.
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    We're not all bad! :smile:

I've been married almost 22 years!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    It's great you took something negative and used it to make a positive outcome! :) Feel free to add me! :D
  • franklykathryn
    Options
    We're not all bad! :smile:

I've been married almost 22 years!

I aspire to meet "the one" someday who can commit to me for that long and be an honest man! Thank you for being a good one and giving all us single ladies hope! I know I'm still young... I'll get mine someday. :-)
  • franklykathryn
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You all are a seemingly great community of connected people! I'm glad I joined!
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Bump
  • theashtrees
    theashtrees Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm new here and am on a journey very similar to you - both health and heart wise!

:)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hey all feel free to add me if you would like additional support or someone to chat with!
  • franklykathryn
    Options
    Thanks all! I've already made some great connections thanks to your replies! :-)
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I was with my ex for 18 years (married for 3)....then found out in 2012 he had been cheating for 2 months....with my best friend!! Needless to say, that was the end! LOL I lost about 15-20lbs in a month from depression....not healthy but I got back on track and began to feel amazing! Nothing like a fresh outlook on life to get you in the mood to make positive changes....even though it happened in a crappy way!
    Sadly I gained the weight back when I wasn't looking :tongue: So here I am to get it back off! Plus I am now with an amazing man (younger and MUCH hotter!) who treats me a thousand times better than my ex ever did! :happy:
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

but you know what, at the end of the day, we only need one *kitten* to survive anyway.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

My new motto! I have been single for about 3 months now and it hasn't all been good. But it hasn't all been bad. I just take it one day at a time and make lots of goals and plans with my job, friends, and fitness!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You're 19...and are upset that your boyfriend wouldn't commit to a lifetime with you at such a young age? I think I understand him.

That said, good for you for taking charge of your life. Work hard, don't get discouraged, and keep at it. Good luck!
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You're 19...and are upset that your boyfriend wouldn't commit to a lifetime with you at such a young age? I think I understand him.

That said, good for you for taking charge of your life. Work hard, don't get discouraged, and keep at it. Good luck!

I don't see where she said she wanted him to "commit to a lifetime"....Commiting can simply mean being in a relationship with just her, and being faithful. It doesn't necessarily mean marriage! LOL
  • franklykathryn
    Options
    Lol, not like we're judging or anything. He's the one who bought me a diamond ring and promised a commitment to a living situation together... very not rare at 19 after 2 years of being together, most of my college friends are living with their partners. He was going to be 21 when we moved in. Kind of sad if he can't make a monogamous relationship at that age, and I was willing to hold off on the "next step", but that's young men! I agree with that!

Thanks to all of you for your supportive comments! You're fantastic! I love hearing your stories and connecting like this.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    here's a very brief introduction into what's important for weight loss:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

here's a longer introduction covering some of the same topics in more detail:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

be patient. set realistic goals. log everything accurately. be diligent. stick to it. the weight will come off. don't be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day or a bad week... we all do. your path from point A to point B will not be a linear one. it never is for anyone.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-path-of-success-631437

stay focused and don't give up.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Welcome, good luck! :smile:
  • Sweetie_darling
    Sweetie_darling Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hear hear, darling!!

I'm with ya! Best of luck Xx