Sleep position changes anyone?

Options
So for as long as I can remember, I have always slept on my stomach.But lately I've been waking up to find I'm sleeping on my back. It doesn't bother me.... Just feels weird since the only time I ever slept on my back was after copious amounts of alcohol or after being prescribed very strong pain killers! LOL I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced changes to how they sleep since losing weight?

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I typically sleep on my side, but I find when I lose weight my hip bones become more prominent and it can be a bit irksome as I feel them against the bed. Maybe I need a softer bed when I'm not quite so 'soft' myself :).
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I most slept on my right side, curled up. I couldnt sleep on my back because of my tight hip flexors (unless my legs were crossed). Since stretching and strengthening opposite muscles I can sleep on my back now

Sleeping on my side, curled up, only encouraged tighter hip flexors ...for me
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I can sleep on my stomach more now and I used to sleep on my right side only, now I find it's my left side.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I couldn't sleep on my front when I was really heavy... Now I love to!
  • rebeccaaa_elizabeth
    rebeccaaa_elizabeth Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So for as long as I can remember, I have always slept on my stomach.But lately I've been waking up to find I'm sleeping on my back. It doesn't bother me.... Just feels weird since the only time I ever slept on my back was after copious amounts of alcohol or after being prescribed very strong pain killers! LOL I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced changes to how they sleep since losing weight?

I've actually been having the same thing randomly happen to me. I'm usually a stomach sleeper, but have noticed more and more lately that I wake up on my back. Doesn't bother me either but it's definitely a little strange.
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've always slept on my side with my knees together. Now they are to boney and I have to have a pillow in between them.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm starting to not feel so awkward about it LOL It is just so weird to wake up on your back after years and years of sleeping on your stomach. It's almost like when you spend the night in a new place and when you wake up your kind of confused.
  • Housekat61
    Housekat61 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have actually been falling asleep on my side lately and I am usually a stomach sleeper.