Plateau

Options
I've been on a plateau for the past 2 months now and I'm not sure how to over come it.

So basically I decide to try giving my body a rest for 1 week (but still eat healthy and within my 1400 calorie intake.) Then after the break I worked out intensely to give my body a shock, but the scale and inches didn't move. I then tried increasing and decreasing my calories, which didn't work. Right now I am just eating as clean as possible and running on the elliptical for 30 minutes at a 6mph pace.

I'm not to sure what to do anymore... I've lost a lot of motivation due to it. If any one could help or has overcome a long plateau please give me tips :)

Ps, I dont weight my food because i dont have a scale for food.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

You answered your own question. Invest in a food scale and weigh your food because you're probably eating more than you think.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options

You answered your own question. Invest in a food scale and weigh your food because you're probably eating more than you think.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

/thread
  • Angela26point2finisher
    Options
    Food Scales are $10-$20, the digital ones are great. I use mine at least 3-4 times per day. I weigh everything, and I find it easier than measuring cups.
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale and more importantly make sure you are being completely honest with yourself. I have also been at a plateau. But I've also been doing a lot of late night snacking that I haven't been logging. I'm not going to kid myself that I have some special metabolism that refuses to let me lose weight. You have to be brutally honest about all your intake and how many calories you earn with exercise. Good luck and don't give up!
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I got my food scale at goodwill. Try there?
  • Perrybarger
    Options
    I have found that using intermittent fasting has worked very well for me. But along with using I/F as a tool I have also tracked every macro I have consumed. So I know everything that is going into my body. That is what has helped me to lose 84lbs