Egg and banana pancakes

Options
Does anyone else make these? If so, what oil do you use in the pan?

I am struggling to find anything else that works as well as olive oil and of course this is bumping up the calories!! I tried the 1 cal spray but they were going really black.

Replies

• dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love those! I use a couple of sprays of 1 cal spray.
  • ammeg1234
    ammeg1234 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I tried that but they were going really dark really quickly! I'm wondering whether I have the heat too high.
  • Kymsanity
    Kymsanity Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil - I like the extra flavour it gives and they come out nice and golden :)
  • ammeg1234
    Options
    Ooh I'll give that a go I've been meaning to buy some for ages, thanks!!
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I tried that but they were going really dark really quickly! I'm wondering whether I have the heat too high.

I think the heat is too high. :P

Do you use a non-stick pan? My main problem if not using butter or oil is it sticking to the pan.
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Made these yesterday and they were so delicious! I used coconut oil but I find it is almost as high in calories as olive oil.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil - I like the extra flavour it gives and they come out nice and golden :)

I use coconut oil for my eczema and the amount of calories it contains is about the same as other vegetable oils.
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Yes, you propably have! That happened to me as well and it happens really quick.
    I have a non-sticking pan and even though I haven't tried egg and banana pancakes alone yes, normal whole-wheat pancakes were perfectly without any butter or other fat added. Can only recommend!
    And maybe I'll give these ones a try. I love adding some raspberries too, so yummie :drinker:
  • ammeg1234
    Options
    I'm going to have another go tomorrow with 1 cal spray and a much lower temperature, fingers crossed!!
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options

^

This! They taste better than ever
  • nancyhoit
    Options
    check out the banana peanut butter muffins on skinnytaste.com they use applesauce and egg whites
  • childhoodshour00
    childhoodshour00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i think safflower oil goes farther so you can use less. IMO. :)
  • ammeg1234
    Options
    Update: I used 1 cal spray and turned the heat MUCH lower... success!! They were delicious.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Bacon grease?
  • Ellyssandraa
    Options
    I love them! Make sure the heat isnt too high :)

I use a nonstick pan, pour a bit of oil and then wipe it off with a paper towel. I dont bother counting the calories really
  • bdorri00
    bdorri00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to try coconut oil for recipes but after reading this post, I might try it for this too!
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old loves these! I Make hers into a happy face using chocolate chips. :) Mine get drizzled with melted peanut butter and rolled up like a crepe. Yummy.
  • PLAID1977
    PLAID1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love these! My kids do as well. If I use my non-stick pan and cook over medium heat (electric stove), I don't need a spray or oil. YUMMMMM!